none
Cannot create a storage account

Question

• I just signed up to try Azure for free (1 month). I'm trying to create a storage account, but it just sits there with the 3 little repeating dots as though it's doing something, bit it never gets to the point where I can create a storage account. In fact, I cannot create any resource.

I've rebooted, tried 4 different browsers (IE & Safari) and no difference.

Because this is a free account, I cannot contact support.

Help! All I want to do is talk to somebody at Microsoft to see why I can't create a storage account.

Mark Edmonds

Friday, March 10, 2017 12:08 AM

All replies

• Mark,

start by installing Azure PowerShell module (follow https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/azureps-cmdlets-docs/ ) and then

- follow the step 2 in the article referenced above to connect to your Azure subscription

- use the following procedure to create a storage account - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/storage-powershell-guide-full

this might help you to identify the cause of the behavior you are seeing

hth
    Marcin

Friday, March 10, 2017 3:57 AM
  • Thanks, but this is way too complicated just to create a storage account.

In the end, I just used the "old" (classic) interface and could do it.

Mark Edmonds

Friday, March 10, 2017 6:13 PM
  • This creates a 'classic' storage account. A classic storage account does not have the same properties as an Azure Resource Manager storage account - so you might want to make sure that you can use the "current" Azure portal to create a storage account as well (or resort to PowerShell).

My intention was not to provide you with a way of creating storage account on regular basis - but to allow you to determine whether you can actually create a storage account.

hth
    Marcin

Friday, March 10, 2017 7:02 PM
  • Ah - ok, thanks. Yes, I could create a Classic storage account. Just can't create one through the new Azure Portal.

I'm on the verge of giving up with Azure.

Mark Edmonds

Friday, March 10, 2017 8:09 PM