none
How a Processor Driver works ? RRS feed

• Question

• How a Processor driver works on windows ? in my system i found the processor driver Intelppm.sys, intelpep.sys others. 

i found it's writing to several "Read and Write Port uchar". How is that work exactly ( Processor driver ) Can you provide me any documentation. In which format the OS is Communicating with processor ? 

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 1:06 PM

Answers

• it updates micro code on the CPU as well as handling some power management duties

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 2:53 PM

All replies

• With all the questions you are asking, I really recommend you get a copy of Windows Internals and sit down and read it.  The processor drivers handle things like power management of the cpu, and also some special items.  Perhaps someone else can give you more details, but you are asking a lot of rather arcane questions which the answers do not help people write drivers which is the primary purpose of this forum.

Don Burn Windows Driver Consulting Website: http://www.windrvr.com

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 1:15 PM
  • it updates micro code on the CPU as well as handling some power management duties

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 2:53 PM