Can VS remember the developer's credential so that it will not ask for it every time a store package is created?

Question

• I am wondering if there is a way to skip the signing in step by choice when creating the store package for an app.  It seems that VS does not cache the credential at all.

Hong

Monday, December 09, 2013 1:14 AM

Answers

• Sorry for the late reply - I believe that you will be prompted to enter the credentials once every two days or once every day - Is there any particular problem you're facing while logging in ?

Thanks

Sagar

• Marked as answer by Hong (MA, USA) Monday, February 24, 2014 4:52 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 4:46 PM

All replies

• Visual Studio 2013 already does that. I signed in once and the tried with multiple projects - it says that you are currently logged in. You should typically see a screen like this :

-Sagar

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:22 PM
  • Hi Sagar,

I get that too, but unfortunately, it lasts for a day or so, then it asks me for authentication information again.

Hong

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:29 PM
  • Sorry for the late reply - I believe that you will be prompted to enter the credentials once every two days or once every day - Is there any particular problem you're facing while logging in ?

Thanks

Sagar

• Marked as answer by Hong (MA, USA) Monday, February 24, 2014 4:52 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 4:46 PM
  • Thanks for the clarfication.

No, there is no serious problem. It is only a minor nuisance.  VS seems to be the only one that asks for code regularly. I have not seen any other apps on Windows 8 doing this so far. 

Hong

Monday, February 24, 2014 4:52 PM