Can VS remember the developer's credential so that it will not ask for it every time a store package is created?

Question

• I am wondering if there is a way to skip the signing in step by choice when creating the store package for an app.  It seems that VS does not cache the credential at all.

Hong

• Moved by Jonathan S - MSFT Wednesday, January 1, 2014 12:38 AM Moving to Tools for Windows Store apps forum for assistance related to Visual Studio sign in requirements
    Monday, December 9, 2013 1:14 AM

Answers

• Sorry for the late reply - I believe that you will be prompted to enter the credentials once every two days or once every day - Is there any particular problem you're facing while logging in ?

Thanks

Sagar

• Marked as answer by Hong (MA, USA) Monday, February 24, 2014 4:52 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 4:46 PM

All replies

• Visual Studio 2013 already does that. I signed in once and the tried with multiple projects - it says that you are currently logged in. You should typically see a screen like this :

-Sagar

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:22 PM
  • Hi Sagar,

I get that too, but unfortunately, it lasts for a day or so, then it asks me for authentication information again.

Hong

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:29 PM
  • Sorry for the late reply - I believe that you will be prompted to enter the credentials once every two days or once every day - Is there any particular problem you're facing while logging in ?

Thanks

Sagar

• Marked as answer by Hong (MA, USA) Monday, February 24, 2014 4:52 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 4:46 PM
  • Thanks for the clarfication.

No, there is no serious problem. It is only a minor nuisance.  VS seems to be the only one that asks for code regularly. I have not seen any other apps on Windows 8 doing this so far. 

Hong

Monday, February 24, 2014 4:52 PM