Directory/File level security in Azure Storage V2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a Storage account V2 and enabled Data Lake Storage Gen2.

Please find the details of configuration below:

Account Kind: StorageV2 (general purpose v2)

Performance: Standard

Access tier: Cool

Replication: RA-GRS

Azure Active Directory authentication: Enabled

Data Lake Storage Gen2: Enabled

Now, I am trying to give access to only particular folder in a filesystem to a particular AD account using Storage Explorer.

Is it possible, at the first place?

I tried to add the account in ACL, but got the following error:

Unable to find user with UPN <userid>

The user is Guest in the Directory.

Am I missing out on something?

Friday, May 3, 2019 4:22 AM

Answers

• Are you using the latest version of Azure Storage Explore? The version should be 1.8.0.  If you use the Microsoft Graph Explorer to lookup the user by UPN, are you able to find them in the directory?

If you use Azure PowerShell are you able to find the user by UPN? See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/azuread/get-azureaduser?view=azureadps-2.0

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, May 10, 2019 6:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Poorva,

I've never tried this but if you can send me a screenshot of the part of storage explorer you're trying this on and the error then I have a platform that I can use to test this if that would help?

Thanks,

Matt

Saturday, May 4, 2019 7:26 PM
  • Are you using the latest version of Azure Storage Explore? The version should be 1.8.0.  If you use the Microsoft Graph Explorer to lookup the user by UPN, are you able to find them in the directory?

If you use Azure PowerShell are you able to find the user by UPN? See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/azuread/get-azureaduser?view=azureadps-2.0

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Friday, May 10, 2019 6:26 PM
  •  @Poorva Sudame Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, May 13, 2019 9:15 AM