SSMS v18.2 - Activity Monitor / Expensive Queries / Edit Query Text - does not show anything RRS feed

All replies

• Good day ,

Activity Monitor works well for me and I was not reported on any such issue from any client, this includes the option "Edit Query Text". In fact in version 18.2 there was a small change, to ignore benign wait types SQLTRACE_WAIT_ENTRIES.

If you cannot tell us how to reproduce the issue, then it will be difficult to solve your issue in the forum 

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Monday, July 29, 2019 8:32 PM
  • Hi Dimitry Svirinovsky,

In my environment, it works well. As pituach mentioned, could you please follow the official document to check your permissions and your Activity Monitor is launched on startup, and please share us more information about your issue like screenshot ect.  

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 2:46 AM
  • Hello, 

I'm facing the same problem, but as you try to simulate, you tried open "Edit query text" in 'recent expensive queries', it works perfectly, the problem is trying to click "edit query text" inside "active expensive queries".

Regards,

Thursday, September 26, 2019 8:16 PM
  • This is still not working in 18.6 and really annoying.
    Wednesday, August 19, 2020 8:16 AM
  • Hello, 

I'm facing the same problem, but as you try to simulate, you tried open "Edit query text" in 'recent expensive queries', it works perfectly, the problem is trying to click "edit query text" inside "active expensive queries".

Regards,

You are right ricardo,

I only tested "recent expensive queries" before as this is what I use in production with "Edit query text" from time to time (rare cases and usually I do not use this as well). I tried the option under "active expensive queries" and you are right. This is not working.

So... thanks all for the report...

Next time please be more clear about how to reproduce the issue exactly step by step, since it is hard to read minds in the forum. Thanks ricardo for clarify what exactly not working...

what next?

You can report the bug here: https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server

In the same time, I don't remember who are in the SSMS team and I don't want to send private email to someone in different team, so... I will open a message in internal close channel, hoping the right person will see it

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

• Edited by pituachMVP Thursday, August 20, 2020 7:27 AM
    Thursday, August 20, 2020 7:16 AM