none
Create a custom connection Pool for a web application RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

In my application, I have users that, through a web page, send commands to a special device, so the web application receives the request from the user, connects through TCP to the device and sends the command, get an answer, and send back the answer to the web user.

Now, to avoid the overhead of connecting every time the user wants to send a command, I would like to create a custom connection pool that is configurable, kind of like the SQL Server connection pool for SQL querying, but programmed specially for my own TCP device protocol communications, so that I can have a pool of TCP connections to my device, and then just get the connection, use it, and put it back in the pool for reuse.

Is there any information on how to implement such a thing for ASP.NET IIS? how do database vendors create connection pools for their databases?

Thanks

• Changed type Raul GD Thursday, July 4, 2013 3:29 PM I think this could be open to multiple different implementations, so it's better to lead a discussion and share thoughts
    • Edited by Raul GD Friday, July 5, 2013 1:14 PM
    Thursday, July 4, 2013 3:26 PM

All replies