none
.XBAP browser application and Mandatory Profiles in Windows server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Please help,

In my job we are using server 2003, On a DNS server we use a mandatory profile for users with non Admin rights on the Domain.  When have an application running a (XAML app, XBAP) that runs in when you use Internet Explorer 8.0.  XBAP requires .net 4.0.  Anyways when you create a user with same permissions and assign the Mandatory folder MANPROFILE5 with the NTUSER.DAT file not changed to .MAN yet. and open you browser the application loads fine. after That i log out of the PC running windows XP, and it uploads all the files to MANPROFILE5 folder, i now go and change the file NTUSER.DAT to NTUSER.MAN.  Now after i copy the same user used to create the mandatory profile in Active directory to keep same settings,  i give the new user a different name, and assign profile MANPROFILE5.  I log in to the PC, and why i try to run open the browser and load the XAML, XBAp app it will not load, it looks like if it is loading but the progress bar will not go past 0%, however if i log out and log in with the account i created the mandatory profile with,  The App loads fine.  Does anyone know what could be happening.  Thank you.

Thursday, August 5, 2010 7:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Trunks123,

Thank you for your post in MSDN forum!

Some clarification with you

1, would you like to run WPF project in your Domain?

2, have you any issues during installing .net framework 4.0?

Based on your description, I would recommend that you could consult your specific concerns in your reply.

Here is .NET Framework Setup Forum.

I do not ensure your issues are related with WPF or Windows.

I would provide you some forum.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/windowsserver

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/wpf/threads

You will get more helpful suggestions there.

If you have any issues about .NET Framework Setup, please feel free to consult it here.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Thursday, August 12, 2010 1:47 AM
    Monday, August 9, 2010 3:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Trunks123,

Thank you for your post in MSDN forum!

Some clarification with you

1, would you like to run WPF project in your Domain?

2, have you any issues during installing .net framework 4.0?

Based on your description, I would recommend that you could consult your specific concerns in your reply.

Here is .NET Framework Setup Forum.

I do not ensure your issues are related with WPF or Windows.

I would provide you some forum.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/windowsserver

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/wpf/threads

You will get more helpful suggestions there.

If you have any issues about .NET Framework Setup, please feel free to consult it here.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Thursday, August 12, 2010 1:47 AM
    Monday, August 9, 2010 3:25 AM
  • Hi Trunks123,

I'm writing to follow-up this post. Do the above suggestions help you solve your concerns?

I'm marking this post as Ansered. If you have any findings and concerns, please feel free to unmark this post.

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Thursday, August 12, 2010 1:49 AM