Rebuild a ClickOnce deployed app or decommission it. RRS feed

• Question

• I have encountered a problem which I don't really know how to categorize. A while ago I wrote a proof of concept app for a client and published it via ClickOnce for them to install and evaluate. At the time, they didn't show any interest in it so I shelved it and didn't do any further work on it or put it's code into source control. Development proceeded on a different app since then.

It turns out now, that they want to use it with a few changes and additions to what I had deployed. Some people still have it on their systems. When I went back to the code in VS, it turned out the proj file had become corrupt (it was just an empty 12 KB file for some reason) and I couldn't get it back. I had to create another project, copy the source files into that and then used that to rebuild the original project. After re-installing all nuget packages there is one step left; to create a ClickOnce deployment package using the same certificate so they can just get the update without having to un-install and start over.

I still have the original pfx file used to create this package but wanted to know if this is possible. Or if there is a way to decommission it so that it get's removed from their PCs and I can direct them to a new installer and everyone has the same version.

Friday, September 16, 2016 10:41 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Here is a link that should provide guidence for your question.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff369721.aspx

Please read the article, even if appears not applicable.

Saturday, September 17, 2016 10:27 PM