none
[Help] Power to transform this service

Question

• Hello friends,

After so long looking for a service that runs my application, I finally found the project. What I want is to edit some things and I would like to know if they could help me.

That is, I want to execute my application at the start of the system (since so far I execute it using scheduled tasks). Where I want to run my windows form user interface through a service in the same path where the service is that if I remember correctly it would be something like Application.Startup or something like that ... but with this service I was pretty good.

Could you help me? Here is the project

Https://www.codeproject.com/Tips/1071738/Launching-UI-Application-from-Windows-Service
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 6:31 AM

All replies

• An application runs from the location (folder or directory) where it is installed. I'm not really sure what you are trying to accomplish by launching it from a Windows Service (which technically is not supported by Microsoft). It would be much easier running it through the Windows Startup process (such as the Startup folder).

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 1:20 PM
  • Thank you for responding Paul.

I try to create a service for when the user logs in I launch my application (interface). That's why I ask for help to know what practice I have to take to launch my application interface from a service.
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 2:39 PM
  • Generally speaking services don't launch applications so as Paul suggested look to an alternate method such as having your app listed as a startup app via Windows.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 7:30 PM
  • Hello, thanks for answering

How can I possibly register my application and do good practice?

Thanks

Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:26 AM
  • Hello,

My application runs as administrator. He created a registry value on the system and somewhat annoying for the UAC control. There is no other way to do this
    Saturday, April 29, 2017 8:52 AM