App closed if started from Search contract

Question

• Hi I have question

Recently I add search contract on my app, it run fine if my app already running

But if my app not already running, and activated from Search it is closed

I already add event listener onActivated from search, but maybe I'm wrong on implemented it

How to solve this problem? Because I cannot debug it

Thanks

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Dave and prthealien,

Thanks for your answer for debuging..

And I solve the problem about activated app from search when app not already running :

I must wait until my DOM home.html loaded then navigate to search.html

Thanks

• Marked as answer by kapalapi Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:15 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:14 AM

All replies

• Check your event viewer for information on why the application has crashed.  You should get a full stack trace and more info on the crash.  I hope this helps:

http://www.davepaquette.com/archive/2012/09/15/windows-8-store-app-crash-logs.aspx

Dave Paquette @Dave_Paquette www.davepaquette.com

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:19 PM
  • You should enable the option to attach the debugger on app startup. In Visual Studio, go to "Debug > Debug Installed App Package". Select your app and check the "Do not launch, but debug my code when it starts." VS will now attach the debugger to your app when it is started from the Start Menu, from Search, from Toast notification, etc. This should help you debug the issue.

In addition to that, you can break into the debugger when an exception is first thrown. Go to "Debug > Exceptions" and check the appropriate "Thrown" checkboxes to break on first chance exceptions.

• Edited by prthealien Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:42 PM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:13 PM
  • Hi Dave and prthealien,

Thanks for your answer for debuging..

And I solve the problem about activated app from search when app not already running :

I must wait until my DOM home.html loaded then navigate to search.html

Thanks

• Marked as answer by kapalapi Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:15 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:14 AM