BLL > DAL Interfaces RRS feed

• Question

• User357616875 posted

Hello Fourm, 

I know very little about interfaces, but I have a problem it might be able to fix.

I have a app that deals with tourism reviews such as resorts / hotels / tourism sections (watersports)

In my BLL / DAL I have a couple of list methods, which return specific List Of Objects depending on if it is a resort or a hotel and a detailed review which is the same thing. The classes / objects are different.

The rest of the BLL methods are the same

CountReviews() as Uint16
    SetReviewActive()  as boolean

etc etc

If I create a DAL interfaces and use this in the BLL, do I just do some kind of object selection in the BLL and call the methods - I can userstand that just about :-)

How do I access the specific methods that exist in the Interface classes that dont implement a interface referance as they return none equal objects

Dim ReviewsCount = (CType(DALObject, Interface).CountReviews()

But them how do I access the specific methods that only exist in one of the classes Like

Function AddReview(Hotel as HotelReviewObject) as boolean

because this does notimplemtnet any referance to the interface, so I dont see how I can get to it enless I create two objects then it defeats the point of interfaces or I create two classes one for Interface and one for non standard methods

Any comments would be great :-)

Monday, January 28, 2013 5:47 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi greecemonkey

I think you could learn relevant topics below to learn and use the interface, it will be good reference for you,

Interface Definition

Implements Keyword and Implements Statement

Interface Implementation Examples in Visual Basic

When to Use Interfaces

How to: Create and Implement Interfaces

Creating and Implementing Interfaces

For reference- http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/s3et34z3(v=vs.90).aspx  (left side)

hope it helps you,

Kind regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 1:56 AM