Help Designing a Form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    Please see attached relationship. I want to make a form for the Estimate Table to enter the details, this wasn't the issue really. I'm struggling trying to bring the RFQ Number from the RFQ table into the Estimate form.

The scenario would be:
    In the Estimate form, The user navigates through the (RFQ Number + RFQ Rev Number) then enter the rest of the information required for the estimate table.

I understand I can do a form based on RFQ and RFQ Revisions tables with subform based on the Estimate table.

What I really wanted to accomplish is a datasheet form based on Estimate table with hyperlink ID, when the user clicks on the ID, another form opens up (frmEstimateDetails) based on Estimate Table where the user is able to navigate through RFQ Number (from RFQ Table) and RFQ Revision Number (From RFQ Revisions Table) and its related Estimates.

How to accomplish this? If not possible, what are my other options?

Thank you.....

Thursday, December 25, 2014 4:43 PM

Answers

• Thank you,

I managed to solve it. I created a form based on RFQ and RFQ Revisions Table and subform on estimate table. Then on the datasheet form (main form) I wrote a macro (Hyperlink ID) and set the filter on the main form (ID) to equal the ID of the fk on the estimate table in the subform and it worked.

• Marked as answer by Caillen Monday, January 5, 2015 1:54 PM
    Friday, December 26, 2014 3:08 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Based on my understanding, what you want to do is to set the [RFQ Rev ID] field value on the Estimate form, and now you want to input the [RFQ Rev ID] number based on the detailed information of table [RFQ] and [RFQ Revisions], is that right?

The easiest solution I think is to create another form for [RFQ Revisions] table or [RFQ] table, on the [Estimate] form, create a command button, use this command button to open the  [RFQ Revisions] form or [RFQ] form. Now you can naivgate to the records you want.

To pass the [ID] field value of [RFQ Revisions] form to the [Estimate] form, just create another command button, assign VBA function to this button. The details of the code may like this:

Dim RFQID As Integer
        'Get the [ID] field value
        RFQID = Forms![RFQ Revisions]!ID
        'Pass this value to the [Estimate] form's TextBox
        Forms![Estimate]!Text27 = RFQID
        'Close the [RF QRevisions] form
        DoCmd.Close

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, December 26, 2014 8:06 AM
  • Thank you,

I managed to solve it. I created a form based on RFQ and RFQ Revisions Table and subform on estimate table. Then on the datasheet form (main form) I wrote a macro (Hyperlink ID) and set the filter on the main form (ID) to equal the ID of the fk on the estimate table in the subform and it worked.

• Marked as answer by Caillen Monday, January 5, 2015 1:54 PM
    Friday, December 26, 2014 3:08 PM