none
Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.getting this error in ASP.Net after converting to the Azure project

Question

• I am working on an asp.net application. Now I am working on to move it to windows azure server. After converting the project to the windows azure project it gets started to give me errors in accessing the database. I am able to access the data but the problem occurs where-ever I am selecting longblob type column and bit columns.

When running the application as normal asp.net application everything works perfectly but when I run it as the azure application from my visual studio, it starts to give "Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow." when filling the data-table. After doing some research for this I found that this type of error occurs in when there are some special type of columns are selected in the select command. In my case the special data types are "longblob" and bit[1] in the mySQL database table.

Please suggest a solution to make this work in windows azure environment too
    • Moved by Sunil Hurkadli Thursday, May 19, 2016 1:12 PM Not Related to VSTS
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 2:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Ramesh Chand,

Actually this forum is to discuss the VS IDE, based on your description, we know that it is the specific ASP.NET app.

>>When running the application as normal asp.net application everything works perfectly but when I run it as the azure application from my visual studio.

If it works well as the normally ASP.NET app, I feel that the real issue is related to that how we deploy this web app to the Azure. I mean that it would be related to the Azure app.

Since the Azure has his own supported forum here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/home?category=windowsazureplatform

I suggest you post this issue to the Azure forum, maybe the Azure App Service - Web Apps forum would be more appropriate forum for this issue.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 20, 2016 9:49 AM

All replies

• Hello Ramesh Chand,

Thank you for posting in here.

Are you using Visual Studio Team Service? if that is not the case, I would request you to post the query in appropriate forum for the better response. Or let me know I will move this thread to appropriate forum.

Regards,

Friday, May 13, 2016 11:17 AM
  • Hi Sunil

No We are not using VS Team Service .

Please proceed for the same to right place.

Thanks

Ramesh Chand

Monday, May 16, 2016 6:21 AM
  • Hi Ramesh Chand,

Actually this forum is to discuss the VS IDE, based on your description, we know that it is the specific ASP.NET app.

>>When running the application as normal asp.net application everything works perfectly but when I run it as the azure application from my visual studio.

If it works well as the normally ASP.NET app, I feel that the real issue is related to that how we deploy this web app to the Azure. I mean that it would be related to the Azure app.

Since the Azure has his own supported forum here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/home?category=windowsazureplatform

I suggest you post this issue to the Azure forum, maybe the Azure App Service - Web Apps forum would be more appropriate forum for this issue.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 20, 2016 9:49 AM