Aug 18th 2008 (was April 29th: Updated resources for Windows Server 2008 Logo programs!) RRS feed

• Question

• Update: April 29th 2008

We recently updated the Works with Tool and Certification Tool with more automation and improved reports.

Please download the latest (1.2 version) tools & try them from http://www.innovateon.com/product_server2008.aspx

If you have feedback please share on this forum or send it to us directly at wslogofb@microsoft.com

Thanks,

Windows Server Logo team.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 15th 2008

Works with and Certified For Windows Server 2008 programs

Windows Server 2008 launch is just around the corner, and we have refreshed the program resources while leading up to the launch.

Latest versions of the below listed resources are now available online on Innovate On Windows Server website:

http://microsoft.mrmpslc.com/InnovateOnWindowsServer/Resources.aspx

1) Requirements specification and test framework documents

2) Certification Tool

3) Works with Tool

4) FAQ document on the programs

This updates includes improved automation with the tools, additional notes and clarifications to the specification, test framework and FAQ documents.

We appreciate your participation in this community and the programs.

If you have feedback to share, please send them to WSLogoFB@Microsoft.com

Thanks,

[Venkat] | Windows Server Software Logo

www.InnovateOnWindowsServer.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:40 AM

Answers

• Excellent

Good luck with you tests. If you need any further assistance in getting your application thru the works with program we are here to help.

Also for future posts please use the message section on the forum and not the FAQ (For ex don't reply to this thread, instead start a new thread)

Otherwise, looking forward to your application achieve the 'Works with' Windows Server 2008 designation.

Thanks,

[Venkat]

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:11 PM

All replies

• I am having problems with the AppVerifier prerequisite.  Firstly, I cannot find v3.4.125 anywhere even though this is what the WWT states is needed.  I followed the link from the WWT prerequisite screen and downloaded and installed version 3.4.0125. 

When I ran WWT again it was still reporting that AppVerifier was not installed. 

I could not find and references to AppVerifier issues in WWT, but did find this thread reporting a similar issue with the AV prerequisite which has since been removed from WWT.

any guidance is much appreciated,

--bphs

Friday, January 11, 2008 3:57 PM
  • Hi there

This issue was reported with an older version of the Works with tool and since then fixed (for a while now)

Also, today we have refreshed the resources on InnovateOnWindowsServer.com website

Please download the latest Works with tool and let us know if that takes care of this issue.

thanks,

[Venkat]

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 6:05 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.  I am downloading the version from InnovateOnWindowsServer.com now and will reply again when i see how it works.  The version I had been running before was 1.1.0.0 which I should have mentioned in the inital reply.

thanks again,

--bphs

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:31 PM
  • I am afraid I am still having the same problem.  Perhaps I am downloading the WWT from the wrong location?  I followed the Works With Tool link from this page:

http://microsoft.mrmpslc.com/InnovateOnWindowsServer/Resources.aspx

Which goes to the automatic download from this page:

http://microsoft.mrmpslc.com/InnovateOnWindowsServer/redirect.aspx?u=http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/9/5/7959e7ea-f788-41cb-8b57-67bd122eb9b4/WorksWithTool.msi

thanks for any help you can give,

--bphs

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:45 PM
  • You have downloaded the tool from the correct location. I am afraid this issue is still not reproducible at our end.

This calls for a closer look at your computer's configuration.

Let's take this offline so we can provide you better assistance.

Can you contact us directly by sending an email referencing this post to WSLogoFB@Microsoft.com ?

If you can provide details about your computer's configuration, Operating system version and edition it would jump start the investigation.

Looking forward to helping you with this,

Thanks,

[Venkat]

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:10 AM
  •  

Another related question:

Have you installed the x64 version of Application Verifier and tried the Works with tool?

Please include this information in your email to wslogofb@microsoft.com.

thanks,

[Venkat]

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:02 AM
  • Thank you!  That was the key.  I had tried installing the Intel version of the 64bit AppVerifier and it failed, but I had not tried the AMD version which installed nicely.  (I was not aware the the VMImage was running on an AMD server.)  Once we had the correct version of the AppVerifier installed, the Works With Tool was happy.

thanks again,

bphs

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 10:34 PM
  • Excellent

Good luck with you tests. If you need any further assistance in getting your application thru the works with program we are here to help.

Also for future posts please use the message section on the forum and not the FAQ (For ex don't reply to this thread, instead start a new thread)

Otherwise, looking forward to your application achieve the 'Works with' Windows Server 2008 designation.

Thanks,

[Venkat]

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:11 PM
  •  

The Windows Server Logo team is excited to announce Hyper-V additions to the Logo program.

Both ‘Certified’ and ‘Works with’ programs have now been updated to include Hyper-V related requirements and tests.

From this point on ISVs seeking the ‘Hyper-V’ designation for their solutions have a choice within the Logo program to test and distinguish their solution to their Customers.

Testing and certifying for Hyper-V designation is optional.

Technical updates to the program include the following:

Certified & works with programs

Updates include instructions for testing applications on a Virtual Machine running on Microsoft Hyper-V

·         Requirements and test cases have moved to version 2.0

·         Certification Tool has moved to version 1.3.0.0

·         Works with Tool has moved to version 1.3.0.0

All the updates are now available for download on http://www.innovateon.com/product_server2008.aspx

For questions/comments please continue to use this MSDN forum or send your email to WSLogoFB@Microsoft.com

Thanks,

[Venkat] | Windows Server Software Logo

www.InnovateOnWindowsServer.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Monday, June 23, 2008 7:37 AM
  • Thanks for your post, Venkat.

I've heard that there is a separate certification process for applications that are already Server 2008 Certified before the Hyper-V designation became available.

Do you have details on how we can add to our existing certification?

Thanks

Dean Steadman

LeftHandNetworks

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 5:18 PM
  • Hi Dean Steadman

Thank you for your question.

I'll be happy to send the details on how to achieve Hyper-V designation for your application.

Can you send your question directly to us at WSLogoFB@Microsoft.com  ?

In your please email include the application name and version that was certified for Windows Server 2008.

Thanks,

[Venkat]

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 7:29 PM
  •  

Announcing an udpate to the Windows System State Analyzer tool

Version 1.3 of Windows System State Analyzer tool is now available on www.InnovateOnWindowsServer.com

The version of the tool includes the following updates:

1) Faster, more efficient snapshots

2) Quicker comparison operations

3) Improved readability of HTML reports

The tool can be directly downloaded from here http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=111722.

Feedback can be shared with us directly by email to wslogofb@microsoft.com

Thanks,

Venkat Krishnamachari

Windows Server Software Logo team

Monday, August 18, 2008 11:24 AM
  • thank you very much for your work.

Saturday, November 8, 2008 7:30 AM
  • thank you very much.

Saturday, November 8, 2008 7:34 AM