none
Access crashes when moving items inside a Macro RRS feed

• Question

• I have Office Professional Plus 2016 and when working with Macros in Access (editing) when I more items order most of the time Access crashes.

I uninstalled and installed access, I did a repair (normal and online), I even installed the 64 bit version and nothing has fixed the problem.

The error says "Access has encountered a problem..." and then reopens Access and gives me an option to save the file as a backup.

I also tried the compact/repair database and nothing has fixed it.

It is becoming extremely annoying and slows production to have access crash so often.  Another person reported this under the title "Access 365 crashes when editing/saving/closing macros" but there were no follow ups. Any help is appreciated

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 8:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This forum focuses on general discussion for Office 2016. I notice the issue is related to the Access database. I would move the thread to Access forum for more help.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, August 23, 2018 9:27 AM
  • This might not be your problem, but I heard from a guy in my Yahoo group who said Symantec Endpoint was causing his Access databases to crash in weird places. Another had similar crashes due to Cylance Protect. In the latter case, the guy ended up having to "white list" his C drive.

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

Friday, August 24, 2018 8:45 PM