Missing ADSync PowerShell Module Commands RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• You may try the below steps:
    1. Open Component Service>Computers>My Computer>DCOM Config>Microsoft Azure AD Sync.
    2. Right click on Microsoft Azure AD Sync, Select Properties and Security.
    3. Check the permission setting for ADSyncAdmins; ADSyncOperators; ADSyncBrowse; ADSyncPasswordSet.
    4. Check the permission settings for the default AD Sync local user (.\AAD_xxxxx) in  "Access Permissions" section. 
    Friday, May 12, 2017 11:30 AM
  • I checked Access Permissions. Each of the four groups have allow local and remote access. I could not find a local AD Sync user.

It seems very strange that as an ADSyncAdmin this one cmdlet appears t be missing.

Kevin Gallagher

Friday, May 12, 2017 12:38 PM
  • Have you issued the Connect-MsolService cmdlet first? 
    This looks like the known incompatibility between the old AAD PowerShell modules and ADSync module. To work around the issue be sure the AAD PowerShell module is NOT loaded OR issue an ADSync command before you issue the first Connect-MsolService cmdlet.  
    • Edited by vijisankar Saturday, May 13, 2017 5:31 PM
    Saturday, May 13, 2017 5:30 PM
  • I am on my ADConnect server and whether I import the ADsync module or not the command Get-ADSyncConnectorRunStatus is not recognised as the name of a cmdlet.

The version of the ADSync module is 1.0.0.0

Kevin Gallagher

Monday, May 15, 2017 3:27 PM
  • Could you clarify the following questions: 
     1. Does running “get-command –module ADSync” list the cmdlet Get-ADSyncConnectorRunStatus?
     2. What version of the AADConnect is installed? Is it a clean installation or upgrade?
     3. Are you able to run other cmdlets of ADSync module i.e. Get-ADSyncConnector?
     4. I would suggest you to import the ADSync module on a fresh PS window? If doesn't work, then to reboot the machine
    Thursday, May 18, 2017 5:25 PM
  • Running get-command doesn't show Get-AdSyncConnectorRunStatus.

I am running version 1.1.110.0 Microsft Azure AD Connect synchronization services.

I can run all the other cmdlets listed with get-command -module ADSync

I have used numerous PS windows.

I have rebooted the server regularly.

I am intending to build a staging server and so will compare the cmdlets available there.

Kevin Gallagher

Friday, May 19, 2017 7:12 AM
  • The build you use is too old, see:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/connect/active-directory-aadconnectsync-feature-scheduler#custom-scheduler

The cmdlets documented in this section are only available in build 1.1.130.0 and later. 

You need to upgrade to a later version and then it should work.

• Proposed as answer by vijisankar Monday, May 22, 2017 10:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kev Gallagher Wednesday, May 24, 2017 7:45 AM
    Monday, May 22, 2017 9:54 AM
  • Thanks for this information. I will arrange to upgrade.

Kevin Gallagher

• Marked as answer by Kev Gallagher Friday, November 17, 2017 8:54 AM
    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 7:46 AM
  • please  check this URL ... hope that will resolve your problem

https://www.michev.info/Blog/Post/1355/get-adsyncscheduler-cmdlet-missing?unapproved=1993&moderation-hash=4f2b6700f3b4a851e0476cddbc9f7d4e#comment-1993

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:39 AM