none
clean solution the project RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i created a dll in .net framework 1.1..now i am using this dll in my windows application which was created in .net 2005...whenever i do clean solution to my project(.net 2005) that dll was removed from reference ....

what is the problem? dll in .net 1.1 does not support .net 2.0 framework?

somebody knows pls help me..

Amuthapriya.S
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 4:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Priya13,

Thanks for your post!

Backward compatibility means that an application developed for a particular version of a platform will run on later versions of that platform.

By default, an application runs on the version of the .NET Framework that it was built for. If that version is not present and the application configuration file does not define supported versions, a .NET Framework initialization error may occur. In this case, the attempt to run the application will fail.

To define the specific versions on which your application runs, add one or more <supportedRuntime> elements to your application's configuration file. Each <supportedRuntime> element lists a supported version of the runtime, with the first specifying the most preferred version and the last specifying the least preferred version

For more information, you can refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff602939.aspx

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 19, 2011 1:25 PM