filter lookup based on query string? RRS feed

• Question

• hello to all,  is there any way to filter lookup with a parameter from query string? I don't know how to start with this issue....
    thanks for your time.
    Monday, March 17, 2008 8:09 PM

Answers

• You could potentialy create your own field type that inherits from the lookup type and extend it to filter. it is rather complex though - not really a question that can be easily answered on the forums.

I suggest you do some readin on custom field controls and custom field types. you will find examples in the WSS SDK as well in many blogs (not mine however - I have only played with it).

An example of people who already did something similar (but not exactly what you are after) is infowise with their moss connected fields product - which filters one lookup based on another lookup.

happy hunting!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:35 AM

All replies

• You could potentialy create your own field type that inherits from the lookup type and extend it to filter. it is rather complex though - not really a question that can be easily answered on the forums.

I suggest you do some readin on custom field controls and custom field types. you will find examples in the WSS SDK as well in many blogs (not mine however - I have only played with it).

An example of people who already did something similar (but not exactly what you are after) is infowise with their moss connected fields product - which filters one lookup based on another lookup.

happy hunting!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:35 AM
  • thank you very much for your reply Mr. Ishai. I believed that it will be simpler but i was wrong. Now i  know  where i have to make my research, thank you again.

keep hunting in wss world!!!
    Tuesday, March 18, 2008 7:33 AM