none
DB2 Adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have BizTalk application which connects to a AS400 Database. Last night I had an issue with it. I have multiple receive locations on my application each polling a different table. I had an Active Host issue and i had to restart all my host instances. While i was re-starting the host instances, the DB2 adapter kept polling the table. once BizTalk picks up the files, it changes the status on the table which tells me that these records were picked up. However during a transaction normally, if i restart the host instances, any transaction will be rolled back and whenever BizTalk gets back to the normal state, the records are picked. What happened to me was, the transaction was not rolled back and the status had changed to complete, but the records did not reach the destination and it failed. Can i know where the error lies here. is it in my stored proc that polls the table or is it the DB2 adapter which does not support ambient transactions.

Thanks.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hmm, that's a tough call.  What version of iSeries are you running?  Some of them have unique issues.  This is why database polling often uses three status states: Ready, Processing, Complete.  This way it is easy to see which transactions ended up being lost.  I only have really had to use this pattern with DB2, but it does work quite well.  You can then just monitor transactions in the Processing state from within the AS400 and know if there is a problem (switching them back to Ready if needed). 

There is a lot of logging you can turn on both on the Adapter side and on the DB2 side, but it sounds to me that the issue may be in the adapter.  What version of BizTalk are you using?

Kind Regards,

-Dan

Friday, April 1, 2011 2:40 PM
  • Where did you get the DB2 adapter?? I have biztalk 2010 and I dont see it anywhere and cant figure out how to get it. Is it a add-on?
    Antonio
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:12 PM
  • Antonio,

The adapters for DB2 are delivered through Host Integration Server, which delivered with BizTalk license, see licensing and pricing.

Update: There has recently a document been released on HIS licensing.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:43 AM