How to set the default resolution in windows 8.1 winjs app

Question

• I'm working on my first winjs app for windows 8.1. So I'm a newbie in this topic, so please forgive me if I ask something obvious.

My problem is the resolution of the target machine (DELL Latitude E7440 with touch screen) is 1920x1080, but when I run the app, it runs in 1370x771. Which is a bit confusing for me.

So my question is, how can I tell the app to run in the same resolution as the OS runs.

Strange thing I discovered: If I set the "Change the size of apps text, and other items on the screen (...)" settings from larger to default in the display settings then suddenly my app runs in the desired full hd resolution. But I don't wanna depend on this setting.

I know I could use ViewBox control, but all of the graphics and everything is designed for full hd resolution, so ViewBox would simply scale it down, this solution sounds a bit ridiculous considering I have a full hd laptop, and full hd design as well...

This app is only for this particular machine, so I don't have to deal with different resolutions.

Any tip/suggestion is highly appreciated.
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 11:38 AM

Answers

• You can't change that in the app. This is what the "Change the size of apps text, and other items on the screen" setting does: It lets the user declare that apps should run magnified. The app lays out at a resolution which will end up full screen after the magnification factor applies for the high dpi mode.
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 12:57 PM
    Owner