WPF 4.5 doesn’t show the option to open the project in Blend for Visual Studio 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my WPF 4.5 project in Visual Studio 2013, when I right clicked the name of my project it doesn’t show the option to open in Blend for Visual Studio 2013….. and when I try to open the project with Blend for Visual Studio 2013, it doesn't show anything..... I don't see the project nor the UI of my WPF 4.5 project

How I can open my project in Blend for Visual Studio 2013???

Thanks!!!

Regards,

Friday, April 11, 2014 3:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jaquense,

open Blend. Open Project/Solution and select the .sln-file of the project you've created in visual Studio. That's it. In the Project Explorer in Blend you should see your files and you should be able to open up your XAML-files.

Thomas Claudius Huber

"If you can't make your app run faster, make it at least look & feel extremly fast"

My latest app: The "Womanizer" :-)
    twitter: @thomasclaudiush
    homepage: www.thomasclaudiushuber.com
    author of: ultimate Windows Store Apps handbook | ultimate WPF handbook | ultimate Silverlight handbook

Friday, April 11, 2014 8:16 AM
  • Hi,

Since we haven't heard from you for a long time, I temporarily close this case. I mark useful reply as answer. If you have any concerns, please free feel to reopen it or submit a new question.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Franklin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 18, 2014 10:29 AM
  • It works thank you but do you know why we can't open it from WPF solution IN Visual Studio 2013 Community ?

First the Open in Blend is non existant then we gave us the way to add it to the context menu but when trying to use it it's greyed out and if we do Open With and configure Blend for Visual Studio 2013 it starts blend but Blend says the xaml isn't a valid project/solution.

Well of course it isn't because I right click a xaml to open in Blend but Blend should open the project/solution not the xaml only.  In Silverlight it works fine why in WPF it's totally broken ?

Sunday, February 1, 2015 3:43 AM