Background process - GunZ The Duel opens as a background process that I can't see

Question

• I installed windows 8, and the problem is when I open gunz the duel GunzLauncher.exe u can see in taskmgr it opens it at background processes u can't see it.

How to solve that?

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:07 PM

Answers

• I installed this game and found it launches a browser session by default, then terminates.  Since the Flash plug in it seems to need is not available in the default Metro IE browser, it did not work.  I clicked the "Open in Desktop browser" button, and it did so.  That seems to solve the problem. 

Can you try this?

Sunday, September 18, 2011 9:32 AM

All replies

• I installed windows 8, and the problem is when I open gunz the duel GunzLauncher.exe u can see in taskmgr it opens it at background processes u can't see it.

How to solve that?

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:46 PM

How to solve that?

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:05 PM
  • Just to make clear... why do you care about it?
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:12 PM
  • I care about, cause it doesn't show the program. it opens in background process it doesn't show the program its like running but invisible.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:14 PM
  • Try to run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode (right click in the Windows Explorer on the GunzLauncher.exe, choose Properties, switch to the Compatibility tab and set it there).
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:27 PM
  • Nope. won't work either . try'd all of those things.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:30 PM
  • Bump, I really need a fix guys.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:51 PM
  • If the app that has compatibility problem with Windows 8 is not written by yourself, check http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/09/14/best-place-to-discuss-windows-8.aspx

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:59 PM
  • Hey EUDaemonz,

The game may not be compatible with Windows Developer Preview yet. Try choosing an older version of Windows for the game's Compatibility mode. You can do this by:

First End Task any open instances of the game in the Task Manager. Then navigate to the desktop (if you shortcut to open the program is on your desktop) or into the Program Files (or "Program Files (x86)" folder) that your game is located in. Then follow these steps:

• Right click the shortcut or .exe file that opens the game
    • Click Properties
    • Click the Compatibility tab
    • Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box
    • Choose the version of Windows you would like to try (try using a version of Windows that you know this program works under)
    • Click OK
    • Open the program or shortcut

Hope that helps.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:32 PM
  • I installed this game and found it launches a browser session by default, then terminates.  Since the Flash plug in it seems to need is not available in the default Metro IE browser, it did not work.  I clicked the "Open in Desktop browser" button, and it did so.  That seems to solve the problem. 

Can you try this?

Sunday, September 18, 2011 9:32 AM