developing windows service using MFC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have a project where user will send the simulations to remote PC in the network for running the simulation in distributed fashion. Now i want to implement this as service. There are few question which i m not able to get

1. How does a user interact with service. My user interface will be a MFC based GUI.For example if user press send, then service will get the file name from the gui and send it to some pc in network and then wait for next command

2. Can i put GUI coding into my service itself. If no then how do i start my service from the GUI (which will be a separate program)

3. Can anybody suggest me a good reference book or link where how to build services in MFC is discussed in a step by step manner(all the book i find are for C# or some other .NET technology)

Thanks

kunal s patel

Sunday, May 28, 2006 9:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since the windows services rund on a different window station, u need to make the service interactive with the input desktop. Then u cannot access the network resource.

Regards,

Sudeesh

Monday, May 29, 2006 11:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since the windows services rund on a different window station, u need to make the service interactive with the input desktop. Then u cannot access the network resource.

Regards,

Sudeesh

Monday, May 29, 2006 11:44 AM
  • Hi

Well after i check that option, where should be my GUI code within the service program code or a separate program interacting with the service

kunal

Monday, May 29, 2006 1:38 PM
  • Hi kunal,
       can u explain? i didn't get u.
    Regards
      Sudeesh
    Monday, June 5, 2006 12:46 PM
  • hi ,
      after applying this property u can use the gui within the service.
    Regards
      Sudeesh
    Monday, June 5, 2006 1:01 PM