Ecuadorian Developers will not have access RRS feed

• Question

• It's really disappointing us Ecuadorian developers will not have access to release applications through the Windows Store.

At first I was really exited and started to learn how to create Metro apps, but then I ended up looking at the Store description and the countries supported.

Yeah right, Ecuador can actually buy things from the store, but Ecuadorian developers are not allowed to post their apps there.

Are you going to change these someday?

If not, there's no use on studying it for me. I'll keep doing iOS apps.

Sunday, August 12, 2012 12:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Juankpro,

Gracias por tu post.

We understand your frustration for not being able to open a developer account in your country. Microsoft is working hard to have all possible regions in the globe covered.

While Developers in Equador cannot register for a local Developer account, you may open a developer account in other region. With a developer account from other region you will be able to publish your apps in any region you want including Equador. To open and account in other country however, you will need to have a debit or credit card from that country.

This may be not a viable solution for you but I wanted you to know this alternative while a local account is not possible.

Saludos.

Celso

Monday, August 13, 2012 8:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Juank,

It will be little disappointing while realizing from your side.I agree,surely in nearby future,after seeing the passion of Ecuadorian developers like you to develop metro style apps ,it will tend MS to consider opening submissions to store.

Never give up your passion.I appreciate your spirit towards technology.Lets wait for the good news to come.

Subramanian Muthukrishnan Microsoft Student Partner iLink Systems General Secretary,Rockcity Dot Net User Group Windows 8 Trainer,DPE Program for Windows 8,Microsoft.

Sunday, August 12, 2012 9:31 AM
  • Hi Juankpro,

Gracias por tu post.

We understand your frustration for not being able to open a developer account in your country. Microsoft is working hard to have all possible regions in the globe covered.

While Developers in Equador cannot register for a local Developer account, you may open a developer account in other region. With a developer account from other region you will be able to publish your apps in any region you want including Equador. To open and account in other country however, you will need to have a debit or credit card from that country.

This may be not a viable solution for you but I wanted you to know this alternative while a local account is not possible.

Saludos.

Celso

Monday, August 13, 2012 8:48 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I have an account in a US bank, if this helps then I can start looking at it.

If this is the case then I guess opening a developer account using US as the region right?

Update:

I tried to do it but I need a lot of data about address and phone in the US.

What can  do about it? Can I fake it?

I also have a Post Box in Miami that I use to buy things in US.

It is a service provided by my credit card, can I use that one?

• Edited by Juankpro Tuesday, August 14, 2012 1:42 PM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 1:18 PM
  • Hi Juankpro,

Yes you can use the PO Box as your address. About the phone number, I suggest you use your phone in Equador. Also one thing I forgot to mention on my last post, you need to open the account as individual not as a company. Company accounts requires GeoTrust check.

If you need assistance opening your account please open a Service Request with the Windows Store Support clicking here.

Celso

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:47 PM
  • I tried to continue the registration process but then it says I need a registration code that I have never received. It doesn't explain how to get it. I tried to get some help in the support link you gave me. But they say I can get a registration code by registering to a DevCamp in Miami. But I don't have the opportunity to travel to Miami or any other place in the US. Any other ideas how can I get this registration code? I have enabled de customer feedback in the Windows Store.
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 4:47 AM
  • Hi juankpro,

To publish apps to Win8 store until the public release of Windows 8 ,you need to have Registration code obtained from Microsoft.You can claim a registration code for your app by attending any of the AEL(App Excellence Lab) that is Dev Camp which is happening across various countries.

If you are unable to attend DevCamps(AEL) ,then,you have to wait for Public release of Win8 where the store will be open to all developers.

Subramanian Muthukrishnan Microsoft Student Partner iLink Systems General Secretary,Rockcity Dot Net User Group Windows 8 Trainer,DPE Program for Windows 8,Microsoft.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:24 AM