There is no PowerPivot add-ins at Excel 2013 standard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just installed Office 2013 standard and when I go to add-ins application, the list is empty. No PowerPivot option in the box.

Is it because office standard version ? and how I can used powerpivot ?

Thanks

• Changed type Elvis Long Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:59 AM question
    Friday, December 14, 2012 3:35 PM

Answers

• Hi all,

We understand that this puts those of you who have less than ProPlus in a bad position where your previous Excel 2010 workbooks are concerned. You can't use them in Excel 2013 without updating the data model, and you can't update the data model without the add-in. If you know someone with ProPlus or an Enterprise SKU, you can always ask them to update the workbook and save it in 2013. From there, you should be able to use it.

For basic PowerPivot functionality, you don't need the add-in. So you can also recreate your PivotTables in Excel 2013 using the new data model. The key is to select "Add this data to the data model" when you create the pivottable from one of your data sources. Then you can import other tables, and use the "All" tab on the field list to add the other information. On either the Data tab or the PivotTable tools Analyze tab, you can create the relationships you need.

Hope this helps!
    Anita

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Henry -

I'm running the Preview version (Individual - Home Edition) and didn't run into this issue.  So not sure if there's a limitation with particular versions.  I was under the impression that was not the case, and that PowerPivot would be part of the base install, not a separate AddIn install.

Regardless, sounds like you already tried this, but just to be sure, you can check the COM AddIns that include PowerPivot on your instance by going to:

Files - Options - AddIns, in the bottom left corner, change the "Manage" drop down to "COM Add-ins" and hit GO. 

That should give you another form with checkboxes for PowerPivot and possibly some others.  If the PowerPivot box is not checked, check it and hit OK.  That should give you the PowerPivot ribbon and access to the various PowerPivot features.

Let me know if that helps.

Brent Greenwood, MS, MCITP, CBIP // Please mark correct answers and helpful posts // http://brentgreenwood.blogspot.com

Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:44 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Henry,

Please refer to the following articles to troubleshoot PowerPivot ribbon disappears issue:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/start-powerpivot-in-excel-2013-add-in-HA102837097.aspx
    Office 2013 Preview – Enabling PowerPivot in Excel: http://www.bidn.com/blogs/DevinKnight/ssis/2824/office-2013-preview-%E2%80%93-enabling-powerpivot-in-excel

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:00 AM
  • Hi Brent,

Previously, I am trying with Office 2013 preview and as you said, there is addins for powerpivot and powerview inside.

But when I bought the license office 2013 standard, I can assure you that no PowerPivot & Powerview add-ins.

Hi Elvis,

I already check that website also, and I just realize that PowerPivot and Powerview only available at Proffesional  Plus version. OMG.

And I am really disappointed to Microsoft, at 2010 version powerpivot is free add-ins. Now, when I upgrade my office, I can't use powerpivot and also cannot use powerpivot add-ins 2010 while I am using powerpivot for all my reporting. 

I hope Microsoft release Powerpivot add-ins for excel 2013 standard version. Fiuuh

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:41 PM
  • Hi all,

We understand that this puts those of you who have less than ProPlus in a bad position where your previous Excel 2010 workbooks are concerned. You can't use them in Excel 2013 without updating the data model, and you can't update the data model without the add-in. If you know someone with ProPlus or an Enterprise SKU, you can always ask them to update the workbook and save it in 2013. From there, you should be able to use it.

For basic PowerPivot functionality, you don't need the add-in. So you can also recreate your PivotTables in Excel 2013 using the new data model. The key is to select "Add this data to the data model" when you create the pivottable from one of your data sources. Then you can import other tables, and use the "All" tab on the field list to add the other information. On either the Data tab or the PivotTable tools Analyze tab, you can create the relationships you need.

Hope this helps!
    Anita

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:42 PM
  • Is there like to be any change in the exclusion of PowerPivot from 2013? 

I really don't understand this policy

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 8:43 AM
  • I think you have your answer - no answer means no.
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 2:32 PM
  • I know this is an old post so forgive me if I'm out of line; however, this is what I needed to solve my problem.
    Wednesday, October 7, 2015 2:01 AM
  • Standard edition doesn't come with Powerpivot, but in Professional edition.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:15 AM