How to find "AssignedTo" internal field from Risk List from the SharePoint 2013 content database? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I build reports using Report Builder acessing the SharePoint Content db, without using the SharePoint connection. That is because I need to lookup in all SharePoint subsites, e.g. http:\\server\test\.... and the content database is dedicated for this subsite which has the name of "WSS_Content_Test".

I could find all data I needed successfully but the internal field name "AssignedTo" (verified from the URL of the field) from the default "Risks" List. Fields such as "Author" and "Editor" were very clear to find out, but there is not any field with such name in the table "dbo.AllUserData" or in the view "dbo.UserData".

I know that most of colleagues do not recommend to access SharePoint Content db, but when one needs to access all sites or use a filter to select a subsite, once I build a db column dictionary, it turns to be very easy for an end user to work with Report Builder.

Does anybody have any suggestion how to find out this field?

Thank you.

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner

Monday, May 30, 2016 12:46 PM

Answers

• Hello again,

Sorry fellas,

In the meantime, searching for a solution I found out the answer in a hint outside the forum. Microsoft could be make it easier as did for "Author".

The solution is:

In the db "AllUserData" find out the item you are looking for. Then the "AssignedTo" is stored in the column "int2".

With this, go to the table "UserInfo" and find in the column "tp_ID" the registry with the same value. You will find the user name in the column "tp_Title", e-mail in "tp_Email" and Windows account in "tp_Login".

• Marked as answer by R.Segawa Monday, May 30, 2016 1:10 PM
    Monday, May 30, 2016 1:10 PM

All replies

• Hello again,

Sorry fellas,

In the meantime, searching for a solution I found out the answer in a hint outside the forum. Microsoft could be make it easier as did for "Author".

The solution is:

In the db "AllUserData" find out the item you are looking for. Then the "AssignedTo" is stored in the column "int2".

With this, go to the table "UserInfo" and find in the column "tp_ID" the registry with the same value. You will find the user name in the column "tp_Title", e-mail in "tp_Email" and Windows account in "tp_Login".

• Marked as answer by R.Segawa Monday, May 30, 2016 1:10 PM
    Monday, May 30, 2016 1:10 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your sharing.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 6:49 AM