none
AS2/EDI - Multiple parties with same certificate - Error:Party Signature Certificate should be unique RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Biztalk 2006r2 installation that communicates with a service provider who feeds two supplier thru to us.

The service provider has only one AS setup for us with one certificate.

Each supplier has a different UNB2 value and we have a different UNB3 value with each one.

So I need to create two parties in BizTalk, but its not possible to use the same certificate for the two parties.

The error message is

"Party Signature Certificate should be unique"

Is there a way around this, or another way I should be configuring BizTalk

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 2:34 AM

Answers

• As I understand it, the solution would be as follows:

(a) create a receive port to handle the incoming messages

(b) Create three parties

PartyAS2 - to handle the AS2 resolution, and the certificate would apply to this party. It would only define AS2 entries and no EDI ones.

PartyEDI1 - to handle EDI messages from vendor1. It would not define any AS2 settings but define the appropriate EDI settings for resolution of vendor1 EDI messages

PartyEDI2 - to handle EDI messages from vendor2. It would not define any AS2 settings but define the appropriate EDI settings for resolution of vendor2 EDI messages

(c) create two send ports

SendEDI1 - this port would be assocaited with PartyAS2 and PartyEDI1

SendEDI2 - this port would be assocaited with PartyAS2 and PartyEDI2

The outbound messages will now have the correct AS2 and EDI settings applied.

Monday, August 18, 2008 4:03 AM

All replies

• It is by design that no two sender partners can have same certificate. For receive side processing you can create two alias for sender party which will map UNB2 fields of incoming messages to your service provider party. For send side processing, you can write a custom pipeline component which will change UNB3 field based on your custom configuration/promoted UNB2 context property. 

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:46 AM
  • ok, it's a little late and I am sure you've found some solution to this, but I will post this for future reference.

Yes, you are correct in that you need two parties, but this is only for the EDI payload. You can use just one of the parties for AS2 resolution or, even, a third separate party.

Basically, the parties get resolved twice, once for AS2 and once for the EDI payload and there is nothing out there that says it has to be the same party. In most scenarios that makes it easier, but it's not a hard and fast rule.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 9:51 PM
  • As I understand it, the solution would be as follows:

(a) create a receive port to handle the incoming messages

(b) Create three parties

PartyAS2 - to handle the AS2 resolution, and the certificate would apply to this party. It would only define AS2 entries and no EDI ones.

PartyEDI1 - to handle EDI messages from vendor1. It would not define any AS2 settings but define the appropriate EDI settings for resolution of vendor1 EDI messages

PartyEDI2 - to handle EDI messages from vendor2. It would not define any AS2 settings but define the appropriate EDI settings for resolution of vendor2 EDI messages

(c) create two send ports

SendEDI1 - this port would be assocaited with PartyAS2 and PartyEDI1

SendEDI2 - this port would be assocaited with PartyAS2 and PartyEDI2

The outbound messages will now have the correct AS2 and EDI settings applied.

Monday, August 18, 2008 4:03 AM
  • That was the setup that I came up with. You could also combine the as2 party with one of the EDI parties since the EDI and AS2 settings are separate and do not interfere with one another. But keeping it as a separate party, like what you have, is what I would recommend - it just keeps things simpler.

Nick

Monday, August 18, 2008 6:02 PM
  •  Hi Steve,

I tried to configure my parties using the setting you have, but it turns out to be unable to send any message out due to the following error:

Reason: More than one parties are associated with send port 'SendShipmentAS2'. 

I am just wondering how do you get around of this error.

Thanks,
    Art
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 8:13 AM
  • Could I ask you something?  Respectfully, how long have you been developing software?  I'm trying to teach myself Visual Basic 2005, and it's not too terribly cryptic for me, a non-programmer.  The way you guys are discussing your BizTalk question makes you sounds like wise, old gurus or long-bearded old dudes stuffed away in some developer cave far, far away....

Please tell me you're not all just out of college...

Thanks and best regards,
    Kristin D D
    Monday, September 7, 2009 4:14 PM
  • Just as an addendum to this thread, assigning the same certificate to more than one party is now possible with BizTalk 2006 R2 SP1 through a new feature that lets you override the group hub certificate in each party. Here is more information on this new feature: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb245980(BTS.20).aspx#BKMK_ConfigCert

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 9:20 PM
  • Just as an addendum to this thread, assigning the same certificate to more than one party is now possible with BizTalk 2006 R2 SP1 through a new feature that lets you override the group hub certificate in each party. Here is more information on this new feature: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb245980(BTS.20).aspx#BKMK_ConfigCert

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

But I dont think it will resolve this problem, what you mentioned is the Private Certificate in Group Setting, it is used to digital signature, but what we need is a Public Certificate which use for encryption, and it still need to be unique in multiple parties even in R2 SP1.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 5:04 PM