Submitting changes to a list from outside SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to setup a button on a Power Point slide that when clicked will go to a specific SharePoint URL for a list and submit information. I can use querystring information to filter a specific category but is there any way to automatically submit that information? I have been wracking my brain trying to think of different ways around this but all I can think of is sending the user to the list and filter it to a specific record. Once there the user can just edit the record themselves. I am working with MOSS and SP Designer.

Any thoughts?

Thursday, March 17, 2011 10:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Alternatively, you can configure Incoming email setting for a list to receive emails (and attachments) and capture information this way!

hth,

-- techChirag
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, March 25, 2011 3:13 AM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 10:05 PM

All replies

• So... What happens when you add a hyperlink to the list in your powerpoint slide? Doesn't it take you to that list?

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/
    Friday, March 18, 2011 12:23 AM
  • You cannot submit data using query string to a list in sharepoint. However you could achieve this with object model if the site has anonymous access.

--Cheers
    Friday, March 18, 2011 6:09 AM
  • I think we can acheive this using the event handler.

Regards,

Radhika

Friday, March 18, 2011 6:19 AM
  • I was talking with some co-workers and they mentioned that once I direct users to the editing page I could use SP Designer to create a button. When the user clicked this button it would set the information that I need in the list. Basically, I want the user to be able to press a button called "Complete". This would just add the current date to the list and basically show that they have completed the task.

I could just have the user go into an edit screen and then have a field that defaults to todays date, but I would like to have a button that is just clicked once and the form submits with todays date.

Monday, March 21, 2011 5:29 PM
  •  

The site uses network authentication.

Monday, March 21, 2011 5:30 PM
  • Hi,

Alternatively, you can configure Incoming email setting for a list to receive emails (and attachments) and capture information this way!

hth,

-- techChirag
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, March 25, 2011 3:13 AM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 10:05 PM