none
SpeechRecognitionEngine.InstalledRecognizers() does not find "SR_MS_en-US_Kinect_10.0" RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed many times "MSKinectLangPack_enUS.msi". I don't see it in control panel or debugging the c# code...

SpeechRecognitionEngine.InstalledRecognizers().Where(r => r.Id == "SR_MS_en-US_Kinect_10.0").FirstOrDefault();

SpeechRecognitionEngine.InstalledRecognizers() returns the default two ids, MS-1033-80-DESK and MS-2057-80-DESK.

Monday, July 25, 2011 11:45 PM

Answers

• I installed x86 binaries of microsoft.speech and system.speech. I was using x86 system.speech. I am trying x86 microsoft.speech now.

With (x86) microsoft.speech binaries i get the following 2 ids, "SR_MS_en-US_Kinect_10.0" and "SR_MS_ZXX_Lightweight_v10.0". The first id above is the one we want.

So to summarize, the following code

SpeechRecognitionEngine.InstalledRecognizers().Where(r => r.Id == "SR_MS_en-US_Kinect_10.0").FirstOrDefault();

worked correctly for me with (x86) microsoft.speech binaries but not (x86) system.speech binaries.

• Marked as answer by eternalcode Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:49 PM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:56 PM

All replies

• Hmm, I'm not sure why this would not work for you. Did you by any chance install 64-bit speech platform binaries? Only x86 speech binaries are currently compatible with Kinect SDK beta.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:11 AM
  • I installed x86 binaries of microsoft.speech and system.speech. I was using x86 system.speech. I am trying x86 microsoft.speech now.

With (x86) microsoft.speech binaries i get the following 2 ids, "SR_MS_en-US_Kinect_10.0" and "SR_MS_ZXX_Lightweight_v10.0". The first id above is the one we want.

So to summarize, the following code

worked correctly for me with (x86) microsoft.speech binaries but not (x86) system.speech binaries.

• Marked as answer by eternalcode Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:49 PM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:56 PM
  • Ah, yes, language pack is for Microsoft.Speech, not for System.Speech namespace. Glad you figured this out.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:19 PM
  • Thanks this worked for me as well.

My C# projects had a reference to System.Speech. When i removed that reference and added one to the assembly in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Speech  then it worked for me.

This classes with the same name defined in two different assemblies/namespaces seems unnecessarily confusing.

Sunday, July 21, 2013 8:32 PM