Evenly Distributing Text Boxes in SketchFlow RRS feed

• Question

• Morning!

I'm trying to evenly space out several text boxes vertically. I know in Visio, they have the option to "Distribute Shapes" and this helps you evenly space out items. I can't seem to find the same functionality in SketchFlow.

Does anyone know how to do this simply? I know I can do this the hard way - by looking at the properties of each, but I was hoping to find a simpler way to do this.

Thanks!!

Elizabeth
    Friday, December 18, 2009 4:29 PM

Answers

• Elizabeth,

There isn't a "Distribute Width/Height" function where you can select the items and then it does the work for you. They do have align functions, just not distribute. I'm not sure what the parent container of the 4 textboxes are, but you could put them in a stack panel and just apply the necessary margins on the bottom of each textbox from the properties panes.
    • Proposed as answer by DaveyBoy1138 Wednesday, December 23, 2009 3:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by eteffner Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:50 PM
    Friday, December 18, 2009 4:48 PM

All replies

• Elizabeth,

There isn't a "Distribute Width/Height" function where you can select the items and then it does the work for you. They do have align functions, just not distribute. I'm not sure what the parent container of the 4 textboxes are, but you could put them in a stack panel and just apply the necessary margins on the bottom of each textbox from the properties panes.
    • Proposed as answer by DaveyBoy1138 Wednesday, December 23, 2009 3:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by eteffner Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:50 PM
    Friday, December 18, 2009 4:48 PM
  • one possible solution could be to play with the grid snapping options

Monday, December 21, 2009 6:39 PM
  • Thanks for the reply!!  The stack panel did the trick.

Thanks again... Elizabeth
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:51 PM