How to get valid bookmarks for a state in a state machine WWF work flow? RRS feed

• Question

• In my Project we have a work flow that will be design from end user finally.this work flow is some kind of document approval.

for each one of transitions I will get an bookmark name from properties window.so in project when a user push the related button I will decide witch bookmark must be call now.

my problem is,when a user create his own flow in designer,how do I get the each bookmark of per state?

I mean that for each row of my document table I will have some valid bookmarks that can call.how do I recognize those?

for example : user create below flow.when flow is in "Initial" State only Send bookmark will be valid so I must only have one button on my page ,so when doc will go in "In Progress" state, two other bookmarks "Accept" and "Deny" will be possible.

so in my page I will have two valid button.

so how do I handle this.do I implement some thing wrong?

Thanks. Bahar Ghadami Web Developer And Technical expert

• Edited by Bahar Gh Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:32 AM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:30 AM

Answers

• Hi bahar

"how do I get the each bookmark of per state?"

A State represents a state in which a state machine can be in, a state can have an Entry and an Exit action.

Creating and Configuring States and Configuring Entry and Exit Actions(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee264171.aspx)

Regards

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:26 AM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:08 AM

All replies

• Hi bahar

"how do I get the each bookmark of per state?"

A State represents a state in which a state machine can be in, a state can have an Entry and an Exit action.

Creating and Configuring States and Configuring Entry and Exit Actions(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee264171.aspx)

Regards

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:26 AM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:08 AM
  • Are you using SqlPersistenceStore? If yes, I think you can get the bookmark names by inspecting the BlockingBookmarks column in InstancesTables.
    Sunday, October 6, 2013 7:35 AM
  • thanks every one.I change my senario,I move bookmarks in states instead of transitions.

it work know and I dont want to know witch bookmark is possible because I have one bookmark in each state.

thank you any way.

Thanks. Bahar Ghadami Web Developer And Technical expert

Sunday, October 13, 2013 7:15 AM