Personal Website Download RRS feed

• Question

• User-1928518552 posted

Hi there; when I downloaded the personal website, it unzipped without any structure ... i.e. there were no individual folders (i.e. image folder, app folder etc).  Every file is in the root directory (including all images).

My question is, what is the structure of this site so I can start creating folders and moving the proper files into them.

Thanks.

Dave

Friday, June 29, 2007 2:43 AM

Answers

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

you just need to download the .vsi file and run it. After that you don't have to unzip the .zip file that's generated but simply open Visual Studio 2005 or VWD and create a new website. In the templates there you should see the starter kit. Choose that template, give it a name, and you're ready to rock.

Grz, Kris.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 29, 2007 3:24 AM

All replies

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

you just need to download the .vsi file and run it. After that you don't have to unzip the .zip file that's generated but simply open Visual Studio 2005 or VWD and create a new website. In the templates there you should see the starter kit. Choose that template, give it a name, and you're ready to rock.

Grz, Kris.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 29, 2007 3:24 AM
  • User-1928518552 posted

Hi, Kris; thanks for the quick response.

Your suggestion worked perfectly. 

I just assumed I had to unzip it since this is how I implemented the small business template and it worked fine.

Thanks again.

Dave

Friday, June 29, 2007 3:47 AM
  • User541108374 posted

Your suggestion worked perfectly.

Actually it's the way to go with all the starter kits with a .vsi installer as far as I know. Glad I could be of help to you. I marked my former reply as being the answer already and as such set this thread in the status Resolved.
    If you receive a decent answer that helped you in the future please mark that particular post as the answer. That credits the member with recognition points, not that you get anything with it, but it shows your appreciation towards that other member that took some of his time to help you out.

Grz, Kris.

Friday, June 29, 2007 4:37 AM
  • User-1928518552 posted

Understood.  Thanks for the heads-up (c:

Friday, June 29, 2007 5:04 AM