none
What collection are Ribbon Name and Shortcut Menu Bar in? RRS feed

• Question

• Under Access Options>Current Database there are a bunch of options. I iterate through the currentdb properties collection but don't see all these. I am currently interested in the "Ribbon and Toolbar Options". But it would be nice to know how to find them all or some documentation on them. I can't find any.

I think I have to create and append some properties to the collection to set because I've got some code eamples that do this: currentdb.CreateProperty("AllowShortcutMenus", dbBoolean, False). But I can't figure out how to alter other properties in the Access Options>Current Database window for 2 reasons. First, are all these going to belong in the CurrentDB.Properties collection, and second, What are their string literals I need to use to set create them or set them. Why aren't they there already?

Right now, I am trying to deploy an application twice. Each version I want to set different default Ribbon Names, and different default Shortcut Menu Bars. I'm trying to add to my deployment Form 2 comboboxes which can load from the properties the names pf all the Ribbons/Shortcut Menu bars so I can set them myself from this form.

Thanks for the advice!
    Friday, January 29, 2016 2:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi. Look into the CommandBars collection.
    Friday, January 29, 2016 3:43 PM
  • Also, take a look at this article. Hope that helps...
    • Marked as answer by HTHP Friday, January 29, 2016 4:23 PM
    Friday, January 29, 2016 3:49 PM
  • That article great! But might it be incomplete? It looks like it only has some properties in CurrentDB.Properties. I can see CustomRibbonID to set the Ribbon Name. But it doesn't have the property I can use to set the Shortcut Menu Bar. Do you know that one?
    • Unmarked as answer by HTHP Friday, January 29, 2016 4:23 PM
    Friday, January 29, 2016 3:58 PM
  • Hi. Yes, the property you're looking for is called StartupShortcutMenuBar.

I'll add it to the website... Thanks.

Friday, January 29, 2016 4:12 PM
  • Thanks a bunch!
    Friday, January 29, 2016 4:25 PM
  • Thanks a bunch!

Hi. You're welcome! Glad we could assist. Good luck with your project.
    Friday, January 29, 2016 7:27 PM