none
How to get back deleted Project Summary Webpart

Question

• Hello,

Somehow the Project Summary Webpart has been deleted from the home page on a SharePoint 2013 site that has the Project Functionality site feature turned on, the associated tasks and calendars are all there and working.

We have tried adding it back by going into insert web part and going to the content rollup category but the part is not showing there, in fact we have never seen that webpart available to insert and the only way to get it in the first place was to turn on the Project Functionality site feature and then it automatically appears at the top of the home page for that site.

Any ideas on how we can get this webpart back? Can we deactivate and reactivate the Project Functionality site feature or will this remove the tasks and calendars that are in use?

Thank you for any help.

Stephen

Friday, March 7, 2014 4:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Stephen,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to get back the Project Summary web part on the home page.

By default, Project Summary web part will be available on the home page of project sites.

As I tested in my environment, this web part is available on the pages in my team site.

If the Project Functionality site feature is deactivated, the calendar list and task list will not be deleted.

If you cannot insert the Project Summary web part on the page, I recommend to activate the Project Functionality site feature to get back the Project Summary web part.

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 10, 2014 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Stephen,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to get back the Project Summary web part on the home page.

By default, Project Summary web part will be available on the home page of project sites.

As I tested in my environment, this web part is available on the pages in my team site.

If the Project Functionality site feature is deactivated, the calendar list and task list will not be deleted.

If you cannot insert the Project Summary web part on the page, I recommend to activate the Project Functionality site feature to get back the Project Summary web part.

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 10, 2014 6:17 AM
  • Hello,

We ended up exporting the web part from another site and importing into the site it was missing from, that seemed the safest option.

Started looking at the idea of deactivating and then activating the Project Functionality site feature but that does throw up a warning saying that all user data and customizations will be lost, which sounded worrying.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Stephen

Monday, March 10, 2014 11:52 AM
  • Hi Stephen,

I was having same issue as you, with all features active. Was wondering about exporting from another project site like you, and when I saw your note that it worked for you, I tried it and worked for me as well. Thanks for sharing your experience for other users!

Friday, February 9, 2018 7:00 PM