How to deploy a Web application in another system? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1706826115 posted

Hi, 

I have just completed developing a web application. Now, i need to deploy it into another system (which only has IIS and Dotnet Framework).

I don't have much idea about web application deployment.

Can anyone just help me on how to acheive this?

Thanks,

Ravi.

Sunday, May 6, 2007 7:56 AM

Answers

• User-522737776 posted

I personally use the "Publish Web Site" wizard in Visual Studio.

When you have the solution open click "Build" on the top menu, then choose "Publish Web Site", This should guide you through publishing your website to the other server or at least let you specify a place to compile the website to on the network or local machine which you can then copy to a "Virtual Directory" location for IIS on the other machine. It may let you directly publish it to an IIS server however I can't be sure as I have already configured the wizard with my projects.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, May 6, 2007 4:22 PM

All replies

• User-522737776 posted

I personally use the "Publish Web Site" wizard in Visual Studio.

When you have the solution open click "Build" on the top menu, then choose "Publish Web Site", This should guide you through publishing your website to the other server or at least let you specify a place to compile the website to on the network or local machine which you can then copy to a "Virtual Directory" location for IIS on the other machine. It may let you directly publish it to an IIS server however I can't be sure as I have already configured the wizard with my projects.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, May 6, 2007 4:22 PM
  • User-1102117861 posted

I believe you'll find this useful: http://www.cygen.com/simpledeploy/

"Take the complexity out of your web deployment process. With Cygen SimpleDeploy, you don't have to worry about sifting through folder trees and sorting by date to find updated files. Getting wrapped up in writing some arcane script is a thing of the past. Cygen SimpleDeploy can be as simple as starting it up and clicking deploy."

Integrated builds are coming as well.  You'll be able to do everything in one swoop.

Kind regards,
    Brett Romero
    cygen.com

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 9:31 PM
  • User-1623236949 posted

Your trial version seems broken and wesite that your installation routine send you to is down.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 2:38 PM
  • User-1102117861 posted

Hi EJM,

Please send me an email through the site's contact form, http://www.cygen.com/contact.aspx, and I will help you.

Kind regards,
    Brett Romero

Monday, July 16, 2007 4:17 PM