none
Determining why my app failed the Content compliance 6.13 certification test

Question

• I receive the following in my app's certification report:

Content compliance:         failed     

This test evaluates your software for content compliance with Windows Store Certification Requirements.       Learn more

Your app doesn't meet requirement 6.13.                                                                                  Learn more                                                                                         

Notes from Testers:    

The app description and other information provided in the product description page appears to be misleading. Please ensure that the description and the title of the app clearly informs the nature of this app to the user.

And section 6.13 of the certification requirements say:

6.13 The metadata and other materials you provide to describe your app must accurately and clearly reflect the source, function and features of your app

The screenshots, app name, developer name, tile, category, and app description you provide with your app should make it easy for a user to understand the functions, features, and any important limitations of your app.  If your app contains content or features restricted to certain geographies or certain hardware, or has other important limitations, they should be clearly described.  You should not represent your app to be from a company, government body, or other entity if you do not have permission to make that representation.

My app is simply for scorekeeping, and is just about as self-explanatory as you can get, so I'm sure it meets the "easy for a user to understand" part. Nothing is restricted to any geographies or hardware or has any other limitations, so I doubt that is the problem. It is a scorekeeping app for a boardgame, not the boardgame itself, and it is also free. I have seen other scorekeeping apps for specific games that are not made by the makers of the game, so is there something I need to do in order to be allowed to submit my app? Do I need to put something in the "Copyright and trademark info" or "Additional license terms" fields, or do I really need to personally contact the game maker to give everyone a free app that helps people keep score when playing their game?

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 7:00 PM

Answers