OOTB Workflow Error: RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am having problem with the Out of the box Approval workflow. After all the approvers has approved the document, I get "An error has occured in Parallel Approval". And the workflow cannot be completed.

The logs shows:

04/19/2007 11:11:23.78  w3wp.exe (0x07A8)                        0x0C18 Windows SharePoint Services    Workflow Infrastructure        88xr Unexpected WinWF Internal Error, terminating workflow Id# 9abfc979-2d4b-46e6-847b-d74cfb7b76cf 
    04/19/2007 11:11:23.78  w3wp.exe (0x07A8)                        0x0C18 Windows SharePoint Services    Workflow Infrastructure        98d4 Unexpected System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.  Parameter name: name     at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo culture)     at Microsoft.Office.Workflow.LocUtil.GetResourceString(SPWeb web, String resourceId)     at Microsoft.Office.Workflow.ReviewRouting.SetItemMetadata(Object sender, EventArgs e)     at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Activity.RaiseEvent(DependencyProperty dependencyEvent, Object sender, EventArgs e)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowActions.LogToHistoryListActivity.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext context)     at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)     at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(Activity activity, ActivityExecutionContext ... 
    04/19/2007 11:11:23.78* w3wp.exe (0x07A8)                        0x0C18 Windows SharePoint Services    Workflow Infrastructure        98d4 Unexpected ...executionContext)     at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)     at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run() 

Has anyone managed to resolve this issue?

Thanks for sharing,

Swee Gee.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 4:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Walka,

it's the second screen you get when you create or change an OOTB workflow.
     (right at the bottom : Post-Completion workflow activities)
    So, if you want to change the setting for a running workflow, then goto the library=>Settings=>Document Library Settings=>workflow settings=>choose your workflow=>next(button)=> this screen right at the bottom.

Sunday, March 2, 2008 4:02 PM

All replies

• Hi All,

I have already found the answer at:

https://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1024492&SiteID=17

regards,

SweeGee.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 6:50 AM
  • Hi SweeGee,

That URL does not work: I would love to know the solution!

Regards.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:28 PM
  •  

Hi A_455,

the error seems only to occur when the option "Update the approval status (use this workflow to control content approval)" has been checked when you created the OOTB approval workflow (last option: Past-completion Workflow activity)

I can't figure out why this happens, but if you uncheck the box, the error will go away and the workflow will terminate normally.

Regards,

Francis

Monday, November 26, 2007 11:26 AM
  • Hi Francis-

Could you please tell me the page where this setting is located?  Every workflow starts a "Parallel Approval" for some reason and they all fail.  I just want to approve the content..

Thanks
    Friday, February 29, 2008 5:29 PM
  • Hi Walka,

it's the second screen you get when you create or change an OOTB workflow.
     (right at the bottom : Post-Completion workflow activities)
    So, if you want to change the setting for a running workflow, then goto the library=>Settings=>Document Library Settings=>workflow settings=>choose your workflow=>next(button)=> this screen right at the bottom.

Sunday, March 2, 2008 4:02 PM
  • Okay, I am seeing this same error in my logs. I need this setting turned on, and when I go to the screen specified, I indeed have the box checked.
    Exactly what is the error about and are you implying that I must turn this checkbox off?
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:48 PM
  • I had the same issue. It was to the setting within the OOTB workflow that is used to update the approval status. If you select this option in the OOTB workflow you must enable the "Require Approval" option in the list you are applying the workflow. The WF is attempting to update this flag and cannot because the option is not enabled.

Greg

Moderator Note: NEVER propose your own posts as answers. The function is there so you can propose the good answer of other people.
    • Edited by SPGreg Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:50 PM typos
    • Proposed as answer by SPGreg Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:50 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, July 13, 2011 7:20 AM
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, July 13, 2011 7:23 AM ditto
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:49 PM