none
How to calculate route avoiding some waypoints or viaWaypoints. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys

I'm developing a software where people can create points inside the map to flag flooded streets.

Is there any way, to calculate the route between 2 points, avoiding specifics waypoints / viaWaypoints?
    If not, what's the best way to do that?

I know i can use 25 waypoiints or 10 viaWaypoints but what's the best AI to make the choice selecting those points, avoiding flooded streets.

Tks.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 2:33 AM

Answers

• You can have the route avoid certain things like highways or toll roads but can't specify a unique location to avoid.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 1:40 PM
  • I guess the amount of data to be processed using this approach would be huge.

I would suggest creating a tree with the paths/control-points on the way and then marking some of them as flooded. Then finding the way around the flooded streets would reduce to simple conditional graph path finding.

Hope that helps,

Viktor Halitsyn

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:20 PM

All replies

• You can have the route avoid certain things like highways or toll roads but can't specify a unique location to avoid.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 1:40 PM
  • Yep i know :(

I was thinking to get all geocodes returned from the API and check if any of this points are near my flooded street.
    If yes, i will remove all the next geocode points ( including the points that are inside the flooded street) and get new ones using wayPoints around the flooded street.

Is it a good aproach to solve this problem?

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:09 PM
  • I guess the amount of data to be processed using this approach would be huge.

I would suggest creating a tree with the paths/control-points on the way and then marking some of them as flooded. Then finding the way around the flooded streets would reduce to simple conditional graph path finding.

Hope that helps,

Viktor Halitsyn

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:20 PM