none
[PHP][Web Apps] Wordpress Multisite on Free Azure trial RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

i am currently a very small web hosting reseller based in Australia.

thinking about changing from a reseller platform over to either Azure or AWS so i signed up first for a free Azure trial.

My main client base are Wordpress websites and management of client sites. In order to streamline the management process my aim is to move over to Wordpress Multisite (network).

I note that the free trial uses a subdomain on Azure.

When i live edit the WP config.php file (using webmatrix), adding in the required Multisite code to the file and save it, the webpage immediately goes blank and i have no dashboard access (or any web page access for that matter).

1. Is this happening because the wordpress install is already on a subdomain in Azure?

2. How else can i test the various resource configurations between Azure and AWS if the free trials do not support wordpress multisite?

Note i was hoping to avoid setting up a virtual server...i am not interested in server management...i just want to concentrate on building websites and managing them through wp dashboard (hopefully via a single panel using wp multisite)

Sunday, November 8, 2015 10:39 PM

Answers

• ok i have got the above issue sorted out...and wordpress multisite is installed on the free trial azzure platform. I think i must have accidently added a space somewhere in the wordpress multisite code that was added to the wp config.php file.

Monday, November 9, 2015 1:52 AM

All replies

• ok i have got the above issue sorted out...and wordpress multisite is installed on the free trial azzure platform. I think i must have accidently added a space somewhere in the wordpress multisite code that was added to the wp config.php file.

Monday, November 9, 2015 1:52 AM
  • Very glad to hear that you have resolved this issue.

About this issue, MS official document have the description and explanation , I suggest you can refer to this document :

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/web-sites-php-convert-wordpress-multisite/ 

You can enable the multisite feature on wp config.php file and custom your domain name according to above document. At the same time, You also can read this blog http://pwnd.io/multisite-wordpress-hosting-on-microsoft-azure-websiteshost-a-multisite-wordpress-blog-on-microsoft-azure-websites/  . This blog describe the simple procedures about how to set multisite on Azure.  

Regards,
    Will 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 9, 2015 8:40 AM