SSMA for Oracle Test Case Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• I have been investigating the SSMA tool with a view to possibly migrating our Oracle database to SQL Server 2008 R2 later this year.

Having migrated a small function from Oracle, I configured the Test Case Wizard to run a couple of tests using different input parameters (call values).  This worked nicely to show that the migrated function worked as expected.

My question:

Is there a way to populate the test case call values in bulk?  Ideally I would like to run the Test Case Wizard using thousands of different call values in some instances.  While I can do this manually by writing queries and comparing them between the two databases, it would save a lot of time if the Test Case wizard could take call values from a file or query.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Do you mean using SSMA's Tester Wizard?
    Satya SKJ, SQL Server MVP [Knowledge Sharing Network - www.sqlserver-qa.net]
    Author of SQL Server 2008 R2 Administration cookbook.
    Follow me @sqlmaster.
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 11:54 AM
  • As stated in my question, it's called Test Case Wizard (a tool in SQL Server Migration Assistant for Oracle v5).

Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:04 PM
  • Matt, please refer to my blog post for adding call values from the back end: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ssma/archive/2011/06/19/setting-multiple-test-case-call-values-in-ssma.aspx
    • Proposed as answer by Peja Tao Monday, June 20, 2011 2:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Matt Boler Monday, June 20, 2011 2:59 AM
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 2:00 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Welly is correct .You could follow the method on Welly Lee’s latest blog.
    Get to database ssmatesterdb-> find table ssma_oracle_utilities.TestCaseRepository-> get column  fullXMLDescription  to find the  test case defined as XML format  ->open the xml and locate the function you are testing -> look for the call action GUID value->add new element node(s) for the additional call value .

Best Regards,
    Peja

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, June 20, 2011 3:11 AM