asp.net MVC calendar RRS feed

• Question

• User1571524970 posted

Hi guys,

I am pretty new to asp.net MVC and have started a small booking system project to help me learn. I would like to add a page with a calendar which would allow one model to create sessions that will be available to another model both view and book the available sessions.

Could someone point me in the right direction as I am not quite sure how to go about this. I was thinking about fullcalendar.io but I'm not sure if that will allow me to do what I need without a lot of code changes.

Here's a pic of what I need it to look like or close to:

calendar

Any advice would be much appreciated,

J

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 10:08 PM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

There is no calendar-type control that comes as part of the MVC framework, so you will need to look at third party options.

I'm not sure if that will allow me to do what I need
    If you are asking for recommendations, you should specify what exactly you need the component to do. 

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 7:47 AM
  • User1520731567 posted

Hi darego,

If you use fullcalendar,you may spend long time to research it.

In other words, if you want to develop a project about calendars, you must understand the third-party plug-ins you use because customization is too high.

You may encounter multiple ways of writing and are not compatible,or you may need to modify your database.

You could refer to this article to fetch data from database to fullcalendar,but you need to pay attention to some of its properties which will affect the render result,so you may need to try to comment these to test result.

or you could refer to this link about dayRender in fullcalendar.

Best Regards.

Yuki Tao

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 9:27 AM
  • User1571524970 posted

There is no calendar-type control that comes as part of the MVC framework, so you will need to look at third party options.

darego

I'm not sure if that will allow me to do what I need

If you are asking for recommendations, you should specify what exactly you need the component to do. 

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I am indeed looking for third party recommendations other than fullcalendar.io. I will need the component/calendar to allow one model (a teacher or admin for example) to create sessions that will be shown as available on specific days on the calendar. i will then need to allow another model (a student) to choose and select from these dates and once a student chooses a day from the calendar the admin/teacher model will be notified of the booking. that is a concise overview of what I will need.

Could you recommend any third party options? or would you suggest going with fullcalendar.io?

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:04 PM
  • User1571524970 posted

Hi darego,

If you use fullcalendar,you may spend long time to research it.

In other words, if you want to develop a project about calendars, you must understand the third-party plug-ins you use because customization is too high.

You may encounter multiple ways of writing and are not compatible,or you may need to modify your database.

You could refer to this article to fetch data from database to fullcalendar,but you need to pay attention to some of its properties which will affect the render result,so you may need to try to comment these to test result.

or you could refer to this link about dayRender in fullcalendar.

Best Regards.

Yuki Tao

Hi Yuki,

Thank you for the reply. I may indeed end up using fullcalendar and if I do the mentioned articles will come in handy.

Thanks a lot!

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:09 PM