none
ReportViewer shows report just fine but I can't export (Excel, PDF, Word) RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I'm using the ReportViewer control and it's working just fine when I run it locally (on my machine with integrated web server). I'm connected to our development SQL server. Once the code is deployed to our dev web server, the report still shows up, but I can no longer export to excel (nor can I export to pdf or Word).

    And to make it stranger, the export functionnality works for the other reports. What can be wrong with that specific report that prevent the export?

    Thanks for your time and help,

    Chris

    • Moved by Gilles TOURREAU Sunday, August 12, 2012 5:02 PM (From:Développement Web (en général))
    • Moved by Chester Hong Monday, August 13, 2012 9:45 AM (From:Windows Forms General)
    Friday, August 10, 2012 2:08 PM

Answers

  • I finally opt to change the report name so it doesn't contains the word "Table" and it works for now. Still can't explain this behaviour.

    Thanks all for your time!

    • Marked as answer by DarkHades Friday, August 17, 2012 2:07 PM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 2:06 PM

All replies

  • Try http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsreportcontrols/threads


    The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP


    Sunday, August 12, 2012 5:46 PM
  • Hi DarkHades,

    I'll move your thread to Visual Studio Report Controls forum, the ReportViewer control can be discussed there.

    If there are any concerns, please feel free to let me know.

    Best regards,


    Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

    Monday, August 13, 2012 9:44 AM
  • By "I can't export" you mean the export buttons in the menu are disabled, right?

    If you run it locally by "It's working just fine", you mean that you can export to PDF for example, right?

    Can you think about anything special about that report which makes it different from the other reports?

    Please include version information. And I assume you're using the report viewer control inside an ASP.NET WebForms application...

    Thanks,


    Vitek Karas [MSFT]

    Monday, August 13, 2012 2:24 PM
  • Hi Vitek, and thanks for your time!

    When I run locally I can successfully export to all 3 default format. But once the app is deployed on our dev server, the export button is still available but I get an error about a ressource not available, renamed or deleted (sorry if it's unclear, the error is in french).

    I did get a bit further since then. One of the parameter passed to the control is "FileName" and strangely if I change the value and hit enter, voila, I get my report exported. The name of the .rdl file is "RapportTableauMagasinVirtuel" and the value of "FileName" is also "RapportTableauMagasinVirtuel".

    As of now, any value is fine as long as it doesn't contains "Table". What the heck? I have plenty of reports with "Table" somewhere in the name, but this particular one is causing problem.

    I'm using VS 2010 (C#), IIS 7.5 on a Win 2008 RC2. The app pool is set to .NET 2.0 with classic pipeline.

    Thanks again ; )

    Christopher

    • Marked as answer by DarkHades Friday, August 17, 2012 2:07 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by DarkHades Friday, August 17, 2012 2:07 PM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:14 PM
  • I finally opt to change the report name so it doesn't contains the word "Table" and it works for now. Still can't explain this behaviour.

    Thanks all for your time!

    • Marked as answer by DarkHades Friday, August 17, 2012 2:07 PM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 2:06 PM