FireFox = GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! RRS feed

• Question

• This is just totally weird and crazy....

I have no idea what causes this to happen. One day my project works fine in firefox the next it doesn't. It reports no errors.

Friday, it stopped working half way through the day. I started a new VS2008 web and imported all my stuff into it and then it started working again.......

Again today, FireFox refuses to load the silverlight. It just says transferring from Host FOREVER.......

Has anyone else experienced this? My code works fine in IE7 and Safari (if it can stay open long enough not to crash)

using Firefox 2.0.0.1.1

I just don't get this. No changes to code, but it just stops......

EDIT

I will run a really basic SL app.......I have no idea why it wont run mine when everything else does. I've tried to narrow it down. I turned off the canvas loaded option so none of my start up code will fire. I rem'd out ALL the js code (except the part that is needed to make   plugin stuff) I turned off the Loaded on the canvas and it still wont work in firefox, IE7 and Safari... Still work. WTF

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 10:19 AM

Answers

• I took out the DOCTYPE line and it works.

Now if I can get Safari to not crash when trying to load the Silverlight.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:30 AM
  • Unfortunately currently Safari on Windows is not supported by Silverlight…

Friday, January 25, 2008 1:02 AM

All replies

• guess one last update. If I use firebug and put a break point on the silverlight.js file it is never hit.... could this by why?

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:10 AM
  • I took out the DOCTYPE line and it works.

Now if I can get Safari to not crash when trying to load the Silverlight.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:30 AM
  • Unfortunately currently Safari on Windows is not supported by Silverlight…

Friday, January 25, 2008 1:02 AM