none
Upgrading to Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• My organization will be moving to Office 365 soon. I went to Microsoft's site and cannot find any information about MS Access! Are they abandoning it? If not, can you recommend any links that will explain what the changes are and if our current applications (Access 2010) will continue to function. We are not planning to create any new MS Access applications but we have several existing applications that are critical to our business. All will eventually be migrated to dot net web apps.
    Monday, August 15, 2016 5:23 PM

Answers

• Hi AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken,

According to your description, Office 365 is a subscription service that includes the most recent version of Office, which currently is Office 2016. It comes with the applications you’re familiar with, like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, plus extra online storage, ongoing tech support at no extra cost, and more.

Because Access 2016, Access 2013 and Access 2010 all use the same file format, you can use Access 2013 or Access 2016 to open a database that was created in Access 2010.

For more information, click here to refer about What's the difference between Office 365 and Office 2016?

In addition you could refer to What's new in Access 2016

Thanks for your understanding.
    • Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Monday, August 22, 2016 9:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:56 AM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 6:03 AM

All replies

• Hi. There are several subscription plans for Office 365.

https://products.office.com/en-us/business/compare-more-office-365-for-business-plans

Do you know which one you're company will be under?

Monday, August 15, 2016 7:09 PM
  • No I don't know which subscription we will have . I just need to know about MS Access availability and functionality. I'm assuming we will have a version with MS Access since we use it pretty heavily.
    Monday, August 15, 2016 7:35 PM
  • If your company elects to subscribe where only online versions of Office is included, then you won't have Access. They must subscribe to have desktop applications, and still may have to add Access separately. Just my 2 cents...
    Monday, August 15, 2016 7:45 PM
  • Have also noticed that when you Google 'MS Access Office 365', all you get is Microsoft sites. You no longer get any of those useful independent sites that gave advice and reviews on new MS Access features/versions.

Nevertheless, found this informative website:

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/microsoft-drops-the-ball-access-2016-not-included-in-office-365/

Monday, August 15, 2016 8:03 PM
  • No comment. :)
    Monday, August 15, 2016 8:06 PM
  • Hi AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken,

According to your description, Office 365 is a subscription service that includes the most recent version of Office, which currently is Office 2016. It comes with the applications you’re familiar with, like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, plus extra online storage, ongoing tech support at no extra cost, and more.

Because Access 2016, Access 2013 and Access 2010 all use the same file format, you can use Access 2013 or Access 2016 to open a database that was created in Access 2010.

For more information, click here to refer about What's the difference between Office 365 and Office 2016?

In addition you could refer to What's new in Access 2016

Thanks for your understanding.
    • Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Monday, August 22, 2016 9:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:56 AM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 6:03 AM