The WebPublishPackage package did not load correctly RRS feed

• Question

• Howdy-

My Azure apps have been working fine. The past couple of days, whenever opening an Azure project in VS 2013 Pro, I have been getting the following message when loading any Azure project:

"The WebPublishPackage package did not load correctly. The problem may have been caused by a configuration change or by the installation of another extension. You can get more information by examining the file C:\\Users\J\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\ActivityLog.xml"

After looking at that file, it looks as though I am missing the file:  Microsoft.VisualStudio.WindowsAzure.WebPublish.dll

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!         Jeff

Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Jeff,

It seems that there is a VS or azure SDK issue. I suggest you could try those two steps:

1.click the VS installer package and then select "repair" the VS  .  

2.reinstall the azure SDK.

Also, please see this same error thread(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16176933/the-providerpackage-package-did-not-load-correctly ).

Please try it.

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by jpres Friday, August 1, 2014 4:07 PM
    Friday, August 1, 2014 5:41 AM

All replies