none
Unable to overcome the error "Failed to stop miracast session.Allowed timeout is 5000ms." while running Miracst certification TC with GFX driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , Can anybody help me in debugging this issue:

I am running Miracast HCK TCes  on BYT-Tablet ,Shark bay ultrabook platforms.(All , Wireless Display Verify series).

I am using QFE003 latest RTM release version of HCK kit.

But randomly at least 10 WDV Tces fail.

*wtl Log has error message"Failed to stop miracast session.Allowed timeout is 5000ms.".

I am following the following procedure in running the above test cases:

1.Fresh Os install

2.Disable Secure boot/firewall.

3.GFX driver install.,

4.Wifi Driver corresponding to nic used is also installed.

I have run more than 10 times..but unable to understand y these are failing..Please resplond.

Friday, October 18, 2013 10:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The error being encountered occurs when the graphics driver fails to terminate the Miracast session in a timely manner.  This indicates a graphics driver issue.

Could you provide some more detail on the driver versions that you're using for testing?  I want to be sure the most recent Baytrail driver is being used.

Dieter

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:36 PM
  • hi thank you for your reply that issue was solved with change in the GFX driver. I am currently HCK 15.33.3371 driver. on BYT -T 64/32 bit .  Wireless display Verify Protocol.. is failing ,*wtl log says "Timeout occurs when waiting for RTSP message"

Also I am seeing, that wireless Display Verify Connector type is continuously failing with .

"Failed to stop miracast session.Allowed timeout is 5000ms. ". 

could u please help me in sorting it out..?

Also ,can u please provide me some document or link , from which i can know more about WHCK/WHQL testing procedure, and best practices.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:18 AM