none
Target multiple frameworks RRS feed

• Question

• I have written a standalone application which installs software and drivers from our repository based on information it has collected from a system as well as some user input.

The program is meant to be run on fresh Windows installations/new systems being deployed. However, as both Windows 7 desktops and Windows 8 tablets are being deployed at my workplace, and the former lacks the .NET 4.x Framework out of box, and the later lacks the .NET 2.x/3.5 Framework out of box, I was wondering if there was a way to target both frameworks so that the application I have written can be run regardless of which framework is on the computer so that I don't have to create separate executables for the different operating systems.

Currently, I have an executable with .NET 3.5 as the target framework for Windows 7 systems, and another one with .NET 4.x as the target framework for Windows 8 tablets/devices. I was hoping to be able to have just one executable that can run on either the .NET 3.5 or .NET 4.x Frameworks.

Thanks

Monday, August 19, 2013 9:25 PM

Answers