none
Windows Embedded CE 6.0 drops all TCP connections RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem with a networked product that currently only manifests itself at the customer's site (great…). Luckily, I was allowed to access a computer next to our product from where I could run some tests.

The only thing I can see so far with Wireshark is, that the Windows CE system responds to each and every TCP connection request (the first SYN packet) with an immediate close (RST, ACK), while Pings (ICMP) are working normally. Besides my embedded application running on the system, some standard OS services like FTP, Telnet and the other end of cerhost are active as well, but none of these are reachable when this "condition" is active.

So far, I have not been able to reproduce any of this locally and I also don't know what could cause this. Does anyone know when Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3 behaves this way?

Monday, September 9, 2013 4:29 PM

All replies

• Windows CE doesn't behave that way, but the Ehternet driver can.   It is so high a likelyhood that the NDIS layer calls a function in the Ethernet driver to check of a network "hang".

The function is called via a function pointer named CheckForHangHandler which your driver initializes.

I would confirm that Ethernet interrupts are still functioning.  If they stop, or if your kernel masks them and fails to unmask them, then Ehternet stops.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com

Monday, September 9, 2013 5:20 PM
  • Thanks. Not that I like the implications (the OS comes from another company), but at least this narrows down the participating components.
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:26 AM