Sharepoint 2010 Central administration shortcut in start menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to sharepoint 2010, Installed sharepoint 2010 in my win 7 system. Dragged sharepoint 2010 central administration shortcut from start menu to taskbar for creating shortcut on taskbar and by mistake i unpined from taskbar also.

Now i don't have sharepoint 2010 central administration shortcut in start menu and taskbar.

Please give me any idea how can i create short cut in start menu and taskbar.

Thanking you,

--Nagendra.

Friday, September 9, 2011 6:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

All the shortcut is, is a shortcut to this file:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN\psconfigui.exe" -cmd showcentraladmin

Just create a new shortcut and point it to that (making sure you get the path correct to the 14 hive, if you've changed the default location).

Thanks, Keir
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Sunday, September 18, 2011 1:28 PM
    Friday, September 9, 2011 6:42 AM
  • I assume your using WIndows 2008 Server or Windows

1. Right click on anywhere in the screen | New | Shortcut
    2. Enter this URL : "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN\psconfigui.exe" -cmd showcentraladmin
    3. Enter a name for your new Shortcut (Central Admin)
    4. Right click on your new shortcut icon and select PIN to Taskbar or Pin to Toolbar

Aryan Nava | Twitter: @cloudtxt | Blog: http://virtualizesharepoint.com
    Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

Saturday, September 10, 2011 2:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

All the shortcut is, is a shortcut to this file:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN\psconfigui.exe" -cmd showcentraladmin

Just create a new shortcut and point it to that (making sure you get the path correct to the 14 hive, if you've changed the default location).

Thanks, Keir
    Friday, September 9, 2011 6:42 AM
  • I assume your using WIndows 2008 Server or Windows

1. Right click on anywhere in the screen | New | Shortcut
    2. Enter this URL : "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN\psconfigui.exe" -cmd showcentraladmin
    3. Enter a name for your new Shortcut (Central Admin)
    4. Right click on your new shortcut icon and select PIN to Taskbar or Pin to Toolbar

Aryan Nava | Twitter: @cloudtxt | Blog: http://virtualizesharepoint.com
    Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

Saturday, September 10, 2011 2:44 AM