Windows store: cannot find my app using keywords RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I developed a universal app and published it on the store some days ago (kTelnet). When I try to search on the store using keywords (telnet, socket, stream, client, etc.), my app does not appear in the list of results. Do you know why?

Thank you.

Andrea

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 8:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• You got to wait for The app certification process.

• Proposed as answer by kwikc Wednesday, September 2, 2015 7:32 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by kwikc Wednesday, September 2, 2015 3:04 PM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2015 7:30 AM
  • The app is already available in the store for download. I can find it by searching its name (kTelnet) or my name (publisher's name), but if I try to insert the keywords set during the certification process, my app won't show in the results.

This is important because the chances of a user to find my app entering its exact name are quite low.

Andrea

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 1:07 PM
  • Hi, I am facing the same problem as Andrea.

My app "Dotnnection" can't be searched in the store on my Lumia 535. But when I search the publisher name "BLACK DOT j.d.o.o." everything is fine.

Microsoft is having really bad algorithms.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 2:39 PM
  • Hi,

now when I try to search "telnet", my app shows in the results. Thank you for that.

However, just so to speak, it seems that the Store is somehow flawed. For example, if I search for the other keywords (stream, socket etc.), kTelnet won't show in the results, as before. In addition, when I have a look at the medical section, nothing shows up. I don't think there are no apps at all in such a section. I published one myself, but I cannot "manually" find it.

I think the setting up of a more solid store should be a priority to attract both developers and customers.

I really hope things will get better in short time.

Sincerely,

Andrea Ciarrocchi

Friday, September 4, 2015 9:04 PM
  • Hi,

We have the exact same issues. Our game "Daylight Ninja" can be found only by searching it's name or our publisher name "Siiven". Also some of the separate words from the name can be used (daylight in our case) but none of our keywords are working. I think that's why "telnet" works in your case Andrea because it's part of your app name.

I can't find our game in any category listings (New+Rising, Games/Platformer).

This MUST be fixed. It's really frustrating that you get less visibility than on much bigger markets (Android, iOS) when it should be the opposite.

Br.

Toni Sevenius, Siiven Ltd

Monday, September 7, 2015 6:42 AM
  • Hello All,

The store now handles keywords differently, please review this blog post: Changes to Store listings and search algorithms

If you have any question please create a support request by using this link: http://aka.ms/storesupport

-Eric

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Thursday, September 24, 2015 2:33 PM
  • To be able to find apps and games by keywords is essential for some apps/games, or we will have to create very specifik titles, which could make them less accurate. If you can't, for instance find all Kinect games by typing Kinect, then the search function won't serve as a proper search function.
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 3:14 PM
  • This is not an answer to the question.  There is nothing in that document that explains the situation that Andrea describes, yet you have repeated it twice in this thread.  Seems others are having the same issue, as am I.

Andrea clearly stated that that searching on the keywords for her app that she does not return anywhere in the result.  The document addresses order or results returned.  But as I read the document never address how keywords or description affect the application being found at all.

I am am having the exact same issue Andrea describes.  Keywords and description phrases do not return my app ANYWHERE in the results as one would expect.

Mark

Keeper Team

Friday, January 22, 2016 5:57 PM